Smith College Policy on Chalking
Smith College allows chalking on campus under the following guidelines:
- Only erasable chalk may be used (grease-based chalk is not permitted).
- Chalking may be done only on asphalt roads and walkways.
- Chalkings should be signed with the full name of the person or group responsible.
- Other individuals or groups within the community may add to the chalkings or remove them.
- The administration of the college may remove all the chalkings in any specific area of campus.
Adopted by the Committee on Community Policy, November 18, 1993