Smith works because you do. As vital members of the Smith community, we want you to be supported in all that you do on campus. Here you’ll find information, resources, and contacts for anything you may need to continue to keep Smith running smoothly.
In Your Benefits
Several initiatives already included in your benefits package contribute to wellness.
- Enjoy access to Smith’s fitness center or sign up for yoga and spin classes (and much more!). Check out the current offerings for Get Fit Smith classes.
- Enroll in LinkedIn Learning courses—including some on improving work-life balance—via the Smith Portal.
- Access the Calm app for free guided meditations and sleep stories.
- Utilize Care.com for free, allowing employees with children and pets to ease the stress of finding sitters and caretakers.
- Log on to ComPsych for resources such as trainings, tutorials, and live and digital care options 24/7.
- If you are enrolled in one of Smith’s health care plans, make use of seminars through Blue Cross Blue Shield.
See a full listing of offices.
- Alumnae Association
- Campus Safety
- Class Deans
- College Relations
- Computer Store
- Controller’s Office
- Copy & Print Services
- Dining Services
- Disability Services
- Equity and Inclusion
- Event Planning
- Faculty Grants
- The Five Colleges
- Institutional Research
- Institutional Review Board
- Sponsored Research Office
Give Back, Plate by Plate
Planning an event on campus and think you’ll have extra food left over? Contact the Smith Food Rescue Network to see about donating your leftovers to members of the Northampton community who may be in need. Donations—totaling more than 22,000 pounds since the program’s inception in 2022—most often go to Manna Kitchen, but the Rescue Network may have other local locations in mind for your food.
Want To Take Classes?
Eligible employees and their spouses who are not degree candidates may enroll in courses, provided there is space available and the instructor gives approval. Employees are subject to the same academic rules and regulations as Smith students, including deadlines for papers and examinations, grading system, and academic honor system.
Excellence in Teaching
The Sherrerd Center
The Sherrerd Center for Teaching and Learning was founded in 2009 through a generous bequest from the family of Kathleen Compton Sherrerd ’54 and John J. F. Sherrerd, longtime supporters of excellence in teaching at Smith College. The center enables the academic success of all Smith students through faculty development efforts that support teaching and learning at the college.
The center organizes various activities to help integrate new faculty into the Smith community and to help them think more deeply about their teaching. This begins with a presentation during new faculty orientation and continues with monthly new faculty meetings.
The Smith Computer Store, located in Stoddard Hall 202, has everything imaginable for your electronics needs—from new MacBooks and iPads to the smallest cables and adapters, we’ve got you covered. If it’s Smith-branded clothing or accessories (or just some on-campus staples!) you’re after, stop by the bookstore at 8–10 Green Street. At either location, a valid Smith ID will get students, faculty, and staff members various discounts.