Skip to main content

House Community Advisers, House Coordinators and Apartment Managers

The house community adviser (HCA), house coordinator (HC), or apartment manager (AM) is a trained student staff person responsible for the management and general welfare of the houses/apartments. Their primary role is the implementation of the Residential Curriculum. More information about the curriculum can be found on the Residence Life's Mission and Values page. They act as liaisons between the student houses and the various administrative and service departments of the college and are responsible for upholding college policy. Residence life staff work with house councils on matters of internal governance and they are regularly available to students—individually and collectively—as a source of information, advice and help.