About the Office
The Office of Human Resources is staffed by dedicated professionals who are committed to:
- Serving as an institutional catalyst in support of the strategic mission of Smith College.
- Partnering with employees to create a positive, inclusive and productive work culture in which each member of the community shares in the responsibility and recognition for their support of the college’s mission.
- Providing leadership and services that foster a learning environment, encouraging creativity, development and empowerment at all levels of the institution.
The Office of Human Resources fosters and promotes a work environment that:
- Encourages creativity and new ideas.
- Makes faculty and staff feel welcomed, respected and nurtured.
- Helps each member of the community share in the responsibility for supporting the college’s mission.
Associate Vice President for Human Resources
General human resources and administrative services leadership, research, planning, policy development and implementation, staff grievances and employee/labor relations.
Retirement administration and compliance, benefits questions.
Assistant Director of Human Resources
Benefits administration, tuition assistance and reimbursement, transit reimbursement, Workday configuration, compensation and budgeting. 413-585-2273
Point of contact for health, dental and vision insurance; general benefits questions; new employee benefits orientation; annual HR Fair.
Assistant Director, Labor Relations and Talent Management
Staffing and recruitment administration, recruitment consulting, learning and development, supporting the associate vice president for human resources.
Worker’s compensation, long-term disability and leave administration (medical, family, etc.). 413-585-2289
HR Technology Specialist
Senior HR Consultant
Staff recruitment and hiring, new employee orientation, learning & development workshop selection and implementation, compensation research, background check vendor liaison, assist with website and handbook revision.
Recognition, degree verification, CORI/background screening checks and name changes. General employment inquiries, I-9s and new employment paperwork, records retention and general administrative support.
Employee and labor relations, staff grievances, management of employment policies/recruitment and organizational assessments.
General employment inquiries, human resource records, accrued leave balance information and maintenance, leave reports, and arrivals, departures and transfers.