The Office of Human Resources is staffed by dedicated professionals who are committed to:
- serving as an institutional catalyst in support of the strategic mission of Smith College
- partnering with employees to create a positive, inclusive and productive work culture in which each member of the community shares in the responsibility and recognition for their support of the college's mission
- providing leadership and services that foster a learning environment, encouraging creativity, development and empowerment at all levels of the institution
The Office of Human Resources fosters and promotes a work environment that:
- encourages creativity and new ideas
- makes faculty and staff feel welcomed, respected and nurtured
- helps each member of the community share in the responsibility for supporting the college's mission
Recognition, degree verification, CORI/background screening checks and name changes
General employment inquiries, I-9s and new employment paperwork, records retention and general administrative support
Employee and labor relations, staff grievances, management of employment policies/recruitment and organizational assessments
Senior HR Specialist
Worker compensation administration, medical and all other leaves, learning and development, supporting the Associate Vice President for Human Resources
Benefits administration and total compensation
Associate Vice President for Human Resources
General human resources and administrative services leadership, research, planning, policy development/implementation, staff grievances and employee/labor relations
General employment inquiries, Banner Human Resource records, accrued leave balance information and maintenance, Banner leave reports, Banner web pins and arrivals, departures and transfers
Senior HR Specialist
Tuition benefits administration, flex spending accounts, life and long-term disability, COBRA, Employee Assistance Program, compensation, budgets and compliance
HR Specialist, Recruitment
Staffing and recruitment administration, recruitment consulting, temporary hiring, job advertisements, summer employment program and unemployment management
HR Technology Specialist
Database queries for reports and audits, annual federal reports (IPEDS, AAUP, AAP), database procedure analysis, Banner feature/revision testing, data custodian for HRBAR and Banner, HR website and employee handbook, and technical liaison between HR and AT/ITS
New employee benefits enrollment, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement administration, compliance, and health and dependent care subsidies
News & Policy Updates
Harvard Pilgrim's Newly Redesigned Website
Harvard Pilgrim has announced changes to its website.
Arrivals, Departures & Transfers
The Office of Human Resources produces a monthly arrivals and departures list for the Smith community. Each month's list will be announced via eDigest during the first full week of the month following that which we are announcing.
Change Your Voluntary Contribution Online
You can now change the percentage of you voluntary contribution online!
Changes to College-Age-Dependent Tuition Benefit
Smith has modified the college-age-dependent tuition grant program.
Retirement Plan Service Enhancements
You may now contact our providers directly!