The Office of Grants & Sponsored Research at Smith College pursues institutional and faculty grants to support Smith’s academic priorities and initiatives. The office facilitates the efforts of faculty and staff to develop and achieve their goals in research, instructional, creative, and service activities through successful competition for external funding and help Smith develop and strengthen beneficial partnerships with foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
News & Announcements
Grants & Sponsored Research Address
Please note that the team members for Grants & Sponsored Research are all now located at 76 Elm Street.
External Grants Awarded
Learn about external grants awarded for the 2021-22 academic year.
The Office of Grants & Sponsored Research provides multiple services to assist faculty and staff with submitting grant proposals and connecting them with resources across campus.
- Grant prospecting
- Assistance with proposal development
- Proofreading, editing, and providing feedback on draft proposals
- Assisting with grant application submission
- Post award support including negotiating contract and award terms, no-cost extensions and re-budget requests
- Serving as a liaison to authorized institutional officials
- Connecting faculty and staff to resources across campus