Welcome back! Call 413-585-2800 to reach us. 24/7 nurse advice and mental health support is available.
All services are free of charge (except labs and prescriptions), including our mental health telehealth service, My SSP.
One Schacht Center = You can reach our counseling, medical and wellness teams by calling 413-585-2800.
For questions about COVID-19, please email COVIDCare@smith.edu.
My SSP is now Telus Health
Over the next few months, My SSP will be rebranding as telus health. Free, on-demand mental health support is available to all Smith students - undergraduate, graduate, and even students studying abroad. The service provides chat and phone support 24/7 and can support students to connect with a regular therapist. Services are available via the My SSP phone app, their website, or by calling the Schacht Center after hours. Over the next few months, the name of the application, website, and phone number may change, so please check our page for updates.
The Counseling Service is a free and confidential service available to all students. Our commitment is to provide mental health care that is:
- relationally based
- culturally responsive
- identity affirming
- equitable and inclusive
The Counseling Service strives to promote inclusive and socially-just clinical services that honor the specific strengths and needs of the full range of diverse identities represented within the Smith College campus community. The Counseling Service recognizes that systematic and institutionalized factors such as racism/white supremacy, classism/poverty, ableism, sex negativity, fatphobia, heteronormativity, and cisnormativity continue to exist both on- and off-campus and these forces have a negative impact on the emotional health of our campus community. Our services work to attend to and recognize the harm caused by these factors.
Care is masked and in-person at the Schacht Center, but teleheath appointments with our therapists are available at the student’s request.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Schedule appointments by calling 413-585-2800. Our office hours are 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- SOME appointments are available online through the Patient Portal
After Hours Support
- After hours support is available 24/7 by our phone number: 413-585-2800
- The Telus Health app (formerly My SSP) has on demand chat and call support, accessible by their phone app or their website
Overview of Services
- crisis intervention
- individual therapy
- a variety of ever-changing groups (affinity and special interest)
- psychiatric assessments
- psychiatric medication treatment
- off-campus referrals
- trans-affirming documentation
- identity-affirming care
- educational workshops & outreach
- some case management
- consultation with campus community partners
The Smith College Counseling Service (SCCS) offers TELUS Health to all enrolled undergraduate and graduate students (including students studying abroad), no matter the student’s location. TELUS Health is a supplemental service not provided by Smith College staff that administers immediate and ongoing 24-hour support at no cost to students, regardless of their health insurance provider. With TELUS Health you can:
- Call or text with a licensed therapist directly from your cell phone from any location for immediate support.
- Schedule ongoing support by appointment, available through phone or secure video portal.
- Request support in over 150 languages.
- Receive a referral for Nurx, a supplemental psychiatric medication provider telehealth service, from a SCCS or TELUS Health therapist or from a Smith College Health Services prescriber.
- Gain access to a range of online, self-directed wellness and fitness materials.
Students can access TELUS Health with a phone or computer by:
- Download the free TELUS Health App through the Apple App store or Google Play; select Smith College when prompted.
- Visiting the TELUS Health website.
Important COVID-19 Information
For updates on Smith’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) page.