The Schacht Center for Health and Wellness uses a password-protected online patient portal to communicate with students about test results and follow up needs. We do not use email. You may use the portal to ask us general questions or for medication refills. The portal should never be used to ask us urgent questions or problems. If you have a current medical problem, call us.
Regular email is not used to communicate with you about your medical concerns or confidential information.
Please note: Providers do not receive or respond to emails or secure messages when the Schacht Center is closed, including after hours and weekends. Additionally, provider schedules may mean that messages are not seen for one or two days during the work week. If you have an urgent or same-day issue, please call 413-585-2250 or 413-585-2800.
Log in using your Smith network username and password. NEVER share your Smith password.
The portal can also be used to:
- Submit required health forms, immunizations, and tuberculosis screenings
- Access and update your immunization records
- Schedule non-urgent appointments for form completion, vaccines, sports, travel and work physicals, and new patient meet and greet
- Obtain helpful handouts
- Provide us with copies of notes, prescriptions, labs, and other health records.
To Send a Message
- Do not use the portal for urgent or time-sensitive needs.
- If you have a current medical problem, CALL US.
- Click on the “Messages” tab.
- Click on “Compose New” tab and from the drop down menu, choose the clinician to whom you wish to send a message.
To Retrieve a Message
If one of our clinicians sends you a message, you will receive an email and a text message from us with the subject line “New Secure Message from Smith College Medical Services or Counseling Service.”
- Open the email or text message and click on the link.
- Log in securely using your Smith network username and password.
- Click on the “Messages” tab to view your message.
To Print Your Immunization Records
- Click on the “Immunization” tab.
- Click on “View History and then “Print.”
To Print Your insurance Card (Insurance Verification Letter)
- Go to www.gallagherstudent.com/smith
- On the left toolbar, click “Account Home.”
- Log in to your account with your Smith-assigned credentials.
- You will be redirected to the “Account Home” page, then click on “Verification Letter” under “Coverage History.”
To request a copy of your BCBS Student Blue Insurance card, call 800-456-3753, option 3. You will receive your ID card in approximately one week.