The Schacht Center for Health and Wellness uses a password-protected online patient portal to communicate with students about test results and follow up needs. We do not use email. You may use the portal to ask us general questions or for medication refills. The portal should never be used to ask us urgent questions or problems. If you have a current medical problem, call us.
About the Patient Portal
Regular email is not used to communicate with you about your medical concerns or confidential information.
Please note: Providers do not receive or respond to emails or secure messages when the Schacht Center is closed, including after hours and weekends. Additionally, provider schedules may mean that messages are not seen for one or two days during the work week. If you have an urgent or same-day issue, please call 413-585-2250 or 413-585-2800.
The portal can also be used to:
- Submit required health forms, immunizations, and tuberculosis screenings
- Access and update your immunization records
- Schedule non-urgent appointments for form completion, vaccines, sports, travel and work physicals, and new patient meet and greet
- Obtain helpful handouts
- Provide us with copies of notes, prescriptions, labs, and other health records.
Using the Patient Portal
To Submit Medical Forms
Please follow these Instructions to upload your Completed Health Form Packet. We do not accept emailed health forms or records.
- Click on the “Upload” icon.
- Choose the document(s) you are uploading from the drop down menu:
- "Completed Health Form Packet" (incoming students only)
- "Immunization Record"
- "Other Health Information"
- Document(s) should be in a PDF format and include name and date of birth.
- Do not upload each page separately, if possible.
- Click on Select File.
- Click Upload.
- You will see successful document uploads listed under the heading “documents already on file.”
To Enter/Update Your Immunization Record
Do not attempt to complete the online record until you have carefully reviewed your vaccination records against the requirements.
- Click on the “Immunizations” tab.
- Click on “Enter Dates.”
- Enter the dates of each vaccine in a two-digit month, two-digit day and four-digit year format (MM/DD/YYYY).
Submit records from your medical provider’s office as verification of immunization. Acceptable verification of immunization includes ONE of the following:
- Copy of your full vaccination record with medical provider office heading, stamp, and/or signature.
- Smith College Immunizations Form (page 3 of the Health Form Packet) signed by your medical provider.
- Copy of blood test (titer) reports proving immunity.
To Print Your Immunization Records
- Click on the “Immunization” tab.
- Click on “View History and then “Print.”
To Send a Message
- Do not use the portal for urgent or time-sensitive needs.
- If you have a current medical problem, CALL US.
- Click on the “Messages” tab.
- Click on “Compose New” tab and from the drop down menu, choose the clinician to whom you wish to send a message.
To Retrieve a Message
If one of our clinicians sends you a message, you will receive an email and a text message from us with the subject line “New Secure Message from Smith College Medical Services or Counseling Service.”
- Open the email or text message and click on the link.
- Log in securely using your Smith network username and password.
- Click on the “Messages” tab to view your message.
To Print Your Insurance Card (Insurance Verification Letter)
- Go to www.gallagherstudent.com/smith
- On the left toolbar, click “Account Home.”
- Log in to your account with your Smith-assigned credentials.
- You will be redirected to the “Account Home” page, then click on “Verification Letter” under “Coverage History.”
To request a copy of your BCBS Student Blue Insurance card, call 800-456-3753, option 3. You will receive your ID card in approximately one week.