Websites & Other Resources
General Health Information
- CDC’s Guide to Healthy Living While at College
- WebMD's Tips for Staying Healthy in College
- BIPOC Mental Health Resources
- More BIPOC Mental Health Resources
- Ticks: Tick Identification, What to Do if You Find a Tick, and More
- Vaccine Information from the Immunization Action Coalition
- Immunization Action Coalition: Sources of Immunization Information (PDF)
- Tips for Locating Old Immunization Records (PDF)
- CDC Statistics: Dramatic Declines in Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (PDF)
- Video FAQs from Vaccinate Your Family
Queer GNC & LGBTQIA+ Health & Wellness
Reproductive Health & Sexual Health
- CDC: Why is HPV Vaccine Important?
- CDC: Screening Won’t Protect Your Patients from Most HPV Cancers
- Go Ask Alice (Columbia University)
- Planned Parenthood: Abortion Options
- Reproductive and Sexual Health (American Sexual Health Association)
- Bedsider (Power to Decide)
Healthy Relationships, Interpersonal Violence & Title IX
- Title IX Resources and Support
- What Consent Looks Like
- RAINN hotline and other information
- CONSENT/Love Is Respect
- Consent is as easy as FRIES
- Healthy Relationship Quiz
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233
- Guide for Leaving an Abusive Relationship
- The Network/La Red, a hotline for LGBTQIA+ survivors of abuse: 1-617-742-4911
- Driver’s Ed for the Sexual Superhighway
Travel Health & Immunizations
- Going Abroad? It’s Important to Plan Ahead
- Travel Health from CDC
- Why Immunize?
- Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) | Travel information
- World Health Organization: Global Vaccine Safety
Our Bodies, Ourselves
Women’s health and sexuality, produced by the nonprofit organization Our Bodies Ourselves and first published in the late 1960s.
Trans Bodies, Trans Selves
Girl Sex 101
By Alison Moon; Learn how to navigate the twists and turns of female sexuality, with special guidance from 16 guest sex educators including Nina Hartley, Sex Nerd Sandra, Jiz Lee, Sunny Megatron, Dirty Lola, Julia Serano, Reid Mihalko and more!
Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing
By Christine Northrup, M.D., shares the latest developments and advances that will maximize our potential for living well in our bodies today.
Brain Lock: Free Yourself from Obsessive Compulsive Behavior
By Jeffrey Schwartz, M.D., with Beverly Beyette. “Brain Lock is a book that proposes a four-step method to alleviate symptoms of OCD and help sufferers regain mental control. If you are trying to get the upperhand on your anxieties without medication this book just might be what you're looking for.”
The guide to getting it on
Sexuality Guide by Paul Joannides
Deal With It: A Whole New Approach to your Body, Brain, and Life as a gURL
By Esther Drill, Rebecca Odes and Heather McDonald. A resource to help you learn about, laugh about and figure out the stuff you go through on your way through life.Whether you're wondering about your body, your feelings or your changing relationships with the people around you, this book provides accurate information and outlines your options.
Urgent, Walk-in & Reproductive Health Clinics
If the Schacht Center is closed or you cannot wait for an appointment, urgent, walk-in care can be found at:
Location, hours, and contact
30 Locust Street, Northampton
170 University Drive, Amherst
325 King Street, Northampton
424 Russell Street, Hadley
1505 Memorial Drive, Chicopee
76 Carlon Drive, Northampton
Need a Ride?
- If you need a ride to the main hospital at Cooley Dickinson (including Urgent Care, Radiology, GYN Care at the Yellow House), you can request a ride from Campus Safety, and they may be able to transport you, if not tied up with an emergency.
- Rent a Zipcar
- Use Uber or Lyft
- Contact a taxi service: Go Green Cab, 413-586-0707; Cosmic Cab, 413-230-6119
- PVTA Services