Skip to main content

The Student Health Insurance Plan covers you during semester breaks, summer vacation and even if you're traveling or studying abroad. You'll be covered for the period for which you paid premium.

In addition to being covered for medical treatment and services, you will also be covered for Repatriation of Remains, Emergency Medical Expense Benefit and Travel Assistance Services through Scholastic Emergency Services (SES), the 24-hour worldwide assistance service.

All services must be arranged for in advance and provided by On Call International. Any services not arranged by SES will not be considered for payment.

Tips for Traveling

  • When studying or traveling abroad, keep your student health insurance plan identification card with you.
  • When outside of the United States, you will likely be asked to pay for your medical care first and then will need to seek reimbursement. Covered Expenses will be reimbursed on a non-network basis.
  • When you submit claims for reimbursement, you will need to have the itemized bills translated into English and include a letter informing the claims administrator that you are seeking reimbursement for charges previously paid.
  • Please insure that your name, ID number, address (to receive your reimbursement check), and the college's name are on the bill.

Study Abroad Accident and Sickness Insurance Program

Students, faculty and staff of a United States college or university who participate in a study abroad program may purchase the Study Abroad Accident and Sickness Insurance Program. Visit for complete plan details and enrollment information.