Health & Wellness
The Schacht Center for Health and Wellness provides accessible, professional medical and mental health care, and wellness education to Smith’s diverse population. As college health care professionals knowledgeable about developmental issues, we work with students in promoting their physical and psychological well-being. We collaborate with the larger college community, supporting students in accomplishing their educational goals.
The Schacht Center is closed for regular services for the summer. It remains open on a very limited basis for Covid-19 testing and tracing and for School for Social Work counseling consults.
In an emergency, please call 911 or Campus Safety at 413-585-2890.
Covid-19 Testing and Tracing
If you have questions about Covid-19 testing and tracing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need them, local resources for physical or mental health are available.
If you are a SSW student, please email email@example.com or call 413-585-2840 for an appointment.
Log in with your Smith user name and password to receive secure messages from medical providers on campus, upload medical records, access forms and health-related information. Learn more about the patient portal.
For New Students: Please note that the patient portal will be available to new students after June 7, 2021, with unlimited access. See the New Student Resources page to learn about required forms and information before your arrival on campus.
Important COVID-19 Information
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a virus that causes respiratory illness. Symptoms include fever, cough, congestion, runny nose, stuffy nose, difficulty breathing, severe weakness and pneumonia. For updates on Smith’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) page.
Explore Health & Wellness
About the Schacht Center
- We can take care of most medical and mental health needs here on campus—free and confidentially.
- There are no office visit charges for medical, mental health and wellness appointments.
- Same-day and next-day appointments are available. Crisis appointments are available.
- We can help 24/7, even if we are closed! If you are sick or injured and need medical advice or care, you can reach a nurse or counselor to help you.
- All care is confidential, except in the case of life-threatening, dangerous emergencies.
- We communicate with you through our patient portal. You will be notified by email when you have a secure message.
- Campus safety can provide urgent transportation if you are sick or injured.
- Wellness Services provides a wide range of wholeness programs and offers drop-in hours as well as individual appointments.