Health & Wellness
The Schacht Center for Health and Wellness provides accessible, professional medical and mental health care, and wellness education to Smith’s diverse population. As college health care professionals knowledgeable about developmental issues, we work with students in promoting their physical and psychological well-being. We collaborate with the larger college community, supporting students in accomplishing their educational goals.
Health Alert: Corona Virus 2019nCoV
Have you recently traveled in Wuhan, Ezhou, or Huanggang, China? Corona Virus is a virus that causes respiratory illness. Symptoms include fever, cough, congestion, runny nose, stuffy nose, difficulty breathing, severe weakness and pneumonia.
Read the full Health Alert.
Explore Health & Wellness
About the Schacht Center
- We can take care of most medical and mental health needs here on campus—free and confidentially.
- There are no office visit charges for medical, mental health and wellness appointments.
- Same-day and next-day appointments are available. Crisis appointments are available.
- We can help 24/7, even if we are closed! If you are sick or injured and need medical advice or care, you can reach a nurse or counselor to help you.
- All care is confidential, except in the case of life-threatening, dangerous emergencies.
- We communicate with you through our patient portal. You will be notified by email when you have a secure message. Some appointments can be booked online in the portal.
- Campus Police can provide urgent transportation if you are sick or injured.
- Wellness Services provides a wide range of wholeness programs and offers drop-in hours as well as individual appointments.