Read Smith’s UPDATED plans as of November 23, 2020,
for the spring 2021 semester.
New students entering in Feburary 2021 will register on February 12 from 1:00pm-3:00pm EST.
Spring registration willl be open for add/drop February 15-26 starting at 7:30am EST on February 15. New registration (REG) codes from your adviser are required.
BannerWeb registration for Add/Drop opens at 7:30 a.m. on the first day of classes and remains open for the first 10 days of classes. A new registration code must be obtained from your adviser each registration period.
New BannerWeb Registration Instructions
1. Choose Courses and Review Policies & Guidelines
2. Meet with Your Adviser and Get a New REG Code
Schedule an appointment with your adviser to discuss your course selections.
- In preparation for your appointment with your adviser, complete a registration worksheet.
- Be sure to include all CRN numbers of the courses you are planning to take, and check that your BannerWeb login is working.
- You will need a REG code from your adviser to access registration through BannerWeb. Advisers are sent new REG codes each registration and add/drop period. All course registrations require approval of the adviser. If your adviser is on sabbatical, you can obtain your REG code from the department chair (if you have declared your major) or from your class dean (if you have not declared your major).
3. Check for Holds
Check BannerWeb for holds on your account by checking in the "Prepare for Registration" from the registration screen, or from the "Holds" drop down on your student profile. You will not be able to register if you have a hold. Holds must be cleared with the office that originated it.
Login to BannerWeb (via the Smith Portal) and register for courses.
- During Add/Drop (the first ten days of classes) you may need to obtain instructor permission for courses with restrictions: instructor permission, limited/waitlisted, and special studies. Complete the appropriate form and submit it to the registrar's office by the end of the add/drop period.
It is your responsibility to verify your registration for the coming semester on BannerWeb.
By using the BannerWeb online registration system, you do so with the understanding that you have met and consulted with your adviser(s) about your course selections and have processed any course selections or changes in accordance with the adviser-approved plans for course registration. It is the responsibility of both you and your adviser(s) to plan a schedule that will lead to successful completion of all degree requirements.
After the Add/Drop Period
Course changes made after the first ten days of classes require the approval of the instructor, adviser and class dean/graduate director, and must be submitted on signed add/drop forms.
You are responsible for the accuracy of course registration and for processing changes by the appropriate deadlines. You and your adviser(s) will not be permitted access to make changes online after the close of the add/drop period.
It is important that all students register and make changes by the appropriate deadlines.
Students who are not registered for any classes by the end of the first ten days of classes will be fined $35. In addition, there is a $35 late fee charged for any approved petition to add or drop a course after the deadlines.
Advising & Registration Schedule
Each class is assigned a day on which you may begin to access online course registration through BannerWeb (via the Smith Portal). While you and your adviser may not gain access to registration prior to the start date for each class, you may register on any subsequent day. If you do not register by the end of the two-week advising and registration period, you must add your courses during the first two weeks of the semester.
BannerWeb access begins at 10:30 a.m. EDT on each start date.
Registration for Spring 2021
|November 2–13, 2020||
|November 3–13, 2020||
|November 5–13, 2020||
|November 6-13, 2020||
*Total credits are your completed credits plus current semester registered credits