Located on Green Street, Tyler House is near the music building, gym and athletics fields. The Paradise Pond waterfall is audible through an open window.
Built in 1898, Tyler House was the last of six dormitories constructed in the very early years of Smith College on what was the original campus. An impressive Queen Anne–style brick building with a large front porch, Tyler House was named for William Seymour Tyler, one of the original trustees of the college.
A favorite gathering place is the comfortable living room where parties are held and where residents have a chance to relax and watch television or socialize. For more serious pursuits, the house has a library.
About Tyler House
|Approximate number sharing a bathroom||23|
Floor plans are available in Residence Life Self-Service (login required) under "Room Draw"