Schacht Center for Health and Wellness
21 Belmont Avenue
Northampton, MA 01063
Our wellness team has a comprehensive program to help students live full, balanced, happy lives. We integrate innovative wholeness initiatives into your academic, residential and extracurricular activities. We believe in bolstering the whole, intersectional you: mind, body, spirit and soul. We know that your academic and personal success rely on the positive decisions you make for your emotional and physical health. If you want to learn more about wellness issues–including sleep, sex and more—check out the Wellness Topics page.
- Mind, Body, Soul, Spirit, Intellect, Community are all aspects of our lives that need to be cared for equally. Balance is key!
- Wholeness is a right and is accessible for all.
- Wholeness is intersectional. Queer. POC. Trans. Disabled. Fat.
- All bodies are good bodies.
- All bodies are worthy bodies.
- Food is fuel, but it is also pleasure, and a source of community. Food is not a punishment or a reward.
- Moving your body is important but it is also a choice. People get to engage in movement the way that they would like to and are able to.
- What you eat or how you move your body is not associated with a moral judgement. Your choices do not make you a better or worse person.
News & Announcements
Wellness Services in the News
A Beginner’s Guide to Adulthood: the Spring 2019 Smith Alumnae Quarterly discusses Director of Wellness Services Kris Mereigh’s podcast, Attempted Adults.
A recent article in the The Sophian discusses how With the Flow, an affiliate program of Wellness Services, seeks to bring about changes to menstrual equity on campus.
The Well-Street Journal
Keep up-to-date with Wellness Services through our monthly newsletter. We make issues available during the academic year.
Introducing Attempted Adults Podcast
Do you ever feel like adulting is a myth? Did someone forget you when they handed out certificates of adulthood? Check out Attempted Adults, the official podcast of adulting! The newest joint venture from the Wurtele Center of Leadership and wellness services, Attempted Adults examines the concept of adulting and the challenges that come with it.
Wholeness Open Hours
Wholeness open hours will be held every Tuesday, 10 a.m.–noon, and Wednesday, 1–5 p.m., at the Schacht Center for Health and Wellness. Want to learn more about something, or have a question to ask? Schedule an appointment or drop in.
- Never received sexual health education?
- Need help managing the stress in your life?
- Questioning your sexual identity?
- Want to quit smoking?
- Interested in a career in public health?
- Having trouble sleeping?
Schedule a confidential 30-minute appointment with Kris Mereigh, director of wellness services.
Mailing List and Volunteer Signup
You can receive updates on wellness programming, activities, trainings and giveaways by subscribing to our mailing list. And if you want to assist with various aspects of our programming, we're looking for volunteers!