Read Smith’s UPDATED plans as of August 5, 2020,
for an entirely remote fall 2020 semester.
Our wellness team has a comprehensive program to help students live full, balanced, happy lives. We integrate innovative wholeness initiatives into your academic, residential and extracurricular activities. We believe in bolstering the whole, intersectional you: mind, body, spirit and soul. We know that your academic and personal success rely on the positive decisions you make for your emotional and physical health. If you want to learn more about wellness issues–including sleep, sex and more—check out the Wellness Topics page.
- Mind, Body, Soul, Spirit, Intellect, Community are all aspects of our lives that need to be cared for equally. Balance is key!
- Wholeness is a right and is accessible for all.
- Wholeness is intersectional. Queer. POC. Trans. Disabled. Fat.
- All bodies are good bodies.
- All bodies are worthy bodies.
- Food is fuel, but it is also pleasure, and a source of community. Food is not a punishment or a reward.
- Moving your body is important but it is also a choice. People get to engage in movement the way that they would like to and are able to.
- What you eat or how you move your body is not associated with a moral judgement. Your choices do not make you a better or worse person.
News & Announcements
Learning Remotely? Stay Sane and Maintain Healthy Wellness Habits
Find Smith’s wellness offerings on Facebook and Instagram at @wellnessatsmith
For Fun and Connection
- Tutorials and challenges
- Virtual events (Pet-A-Pet Day!)
For Cool Public Health and Adulting Tips
Information on sex, relationships and more
- Subscribe to the Attempted Adults Podcast (Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, etc. — Instagram @attemptedadults)
- Follow the Student Public Health leadership team @smithsphl
- One-on-ones with director of wellness services Kris Mereigh about anything: loneliness, time management, sex, more...
- Chill coffee chats with members of the Community Health Organizer teams
Wholeness Open Hours
Wholeness open hours will be held Mondays and Wednesdays, 3–5 p.m., at the Schacht Center for Health and Wellness. Want to learn more about something, or have a question to ask? Never received sexual health education? Need help managing the stress in your life? Questioning your sexual identity? Want to quit smoking? Interested in a career in public health? Having trouble sleeping?
Schedule a confidential 30-minute appointment with Kris Mereigh, director of wellness services.
The Well-Street Journal
Keep up-to-date with Wellness Services through our monthly newsletter. We make issues available during the academic year.
Wellness Services in the News
The Spring 2019 Smith Alumnae Quarterly discusses Director of Wellness Services Kris Mereigh’s podcast, Attempted Adults.
An article in the The Sophian discusses how With the Flow, an affiliate program of Wellness Services, seeks to bring about changes to menstrual equity on campus.
Mailing List and Volunteer Signup
You can receive updates on wellness programming, activities, trainings and giveaways by subscribing to our mailing list. And if you want to assist with various aspects of our programming, we're looking for volunteers!