Appointments & Contact Information
Saturday, May 18–Monday June 3
- The Schacht Center is closed.
Tuesday, June 4–Tuesday, August 20
- We are available by phone, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.–noon, at 413-585-2800.
- We check and respond to email throughout the summer on a regular basis at email@example.com.
- If needed, urgent care without an appointment is available at a number of area urgent care providers. Call Campus Police at 413-585-2490, or 911, for medical emergencies.
Academic Year Office Hours
|Pelham Medical Services||Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.|
|Medical Appointments||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9 a.m.–4:20 p.m.
Wednesday: 1–4:20 p.m. (nurse available 8:30 a.m.–1 p.m.)
|Laboratory||Monday and Friday: 9–11:20 a.m.; 1–3:40 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 8:40*–11:20 a.m.; 12:40–2 p.m.
Wednesday: 1:20–4 p.m.
Please call 413-585-2250 to make an appointment for on-campus lab tests. For tests being performed at Cooley Dickinson Hospital, please call 413-582-2800 to register.
*8:40 am appointments are reserved for fasting lab work.
|Counseling Service||Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–noon, 1–4:30 p.m.|
|Wellness Services||Open Hours: Monday and Wednesday, 1–3 p.m.|
When the medical service is closed, a nurse is available for phone consultation: 413-585-1260. A counselor is available by phone: 413-585-2840. Urgent care is also available.
If the Schacht Center is closed, contact the after-hours nurse (413-585-1260) or counselor (413-585-2840) before seeking urgent care or going to the emergency room, if possible.
If needed, urgent care without an appointment is available at Cooley Dickinson Hospital and a number of area urgent care providers. Campus police can provide urgent transportation to Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
When College Offices Are Closed
When Smith academic and administrative offices are closed due to weather or other emergencies, the Schacht Center is closed. A nurse is available for phone consultation: 413-585-1260. A counselor is available by phone: 413-585-2840.
|Schacht Center for Health and Wellness||21 Belmont Avenue
Northampton, Massachusetts 01063
|After-hours Answering Service and Nurse||413-585-1260|
|Counseling Service (including after hours)||413-585-2840|
We respect your right to confidential, quality care. We believe that an interdisciplinary, coordinated approach delivers the optimal quality of care.
You should know that:
- Medical and counseling records are separate from other college departments.
- Entry of psychotropic medications prescribed by the Counseling Services is made in the medical record.
- No medical or counseling information is shared outside of Health Services without your consent. The only exception to this would be in situations where it is mandated by law.
- Information relevant to your care may be shared, on a need-to-know basis, among the professional medical and counseling staff of Health Services.
- Student permission is required to share information with parents, guardians or other individuals except in emergencies.