Appointments & Contact Information
Academic Year Office Hours
|Pelham Medical Services||Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.|
|Medical Appointments||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9 a.m.–4:20 p.m.
Wednesday: 1–4:20 p.m. (nurse available 8:30 a.m.–1 p.m.)
|Cooley Dickinson Laboratory at the Schacht Center||Monday–Friday: 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.; 1:30–5 p.m.
No appointment necessary. Students must have a valid order for lab testing.
Students must pre-register their insurance before lab tests can be performed. Please call 413-582-2800 to pre-register. Students are responsible for any costs not covered by their insurance.
|Counseling Service||Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–noon, 1–4:30 p.m.|
|Wellness Services||Open Hours: Monday and Wednesday, 1–3 p.m.|
When the medical service is closed, a nurse is available for phone consultation: 413-585-1260. A counselor is available by phone: 413-585-2840. Urgent care is also available.
If the Schacht Center is closed, contact the after-hours nurse (413-585-1260) or counselor (413-585-2840) before seeking urgent care or going to the emergency room, if possible.
If needed, urgent care without an appointment is available at Cooley Dickinson Hospital and a number of area urgent care providers. Campus police can provide urgent transportation to Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
When College Offices Are Closed
When Smith academic and administrative offices are closed due to weather or other emergencies, the Schacht Center is closed. A nurse is available for phone consultation: 413-585-1260. A counselor is available by phone: 413-585-2840.
|Schacht Center for Health and Wellness||21 Belmont Avenue
Northampton, Massachusetts 01063
|After-hours Answering Service and Nurse||413-585-1260|
|Counseling Service (including after hours)||413-585-2840|
We respect your right to confidential, quality care. We believe that an interdisciplinary, coordinated approach delivers the optimal quality of care.
You should know that:
- Medical and counseling records are separate from other college departments.
- Entry of psychotropic medications prescribed by the Counseling Services is made in the medical record.
- No medical or counseling information is shared outside of Health Services without your consent. The only exception to this would be in situations where it is mandated by law.
- Information relevant to your care may be shared, on a need-to-know basis, among the professional medical and counseling staff of Health Services.
- Student permission is required to share information with parents, guardians or other individuals except in emergencies.