Smith’s Enterprise Risk Management office focuses on facilitating identification and mitigation of risks that have the potential to impact the mission, strategy and operations of the college. Enterprise Risk Management focuses on institutional risk capabilities and practices for the college with an emphasis on ensuring the interrelationship and cascading effects of risks across the college are managed within the college’s risk appetite. Enterprise Risk Management processes, templates and assessment tools support analysis of risks at the college.
Smith also has a number of risk mitigation approaches, including various insurance programs that are supported through our relationship with The Five College Office of Risk Management. The Five College Office of Risk Management is a shared administrative program that provides insurance and risk management services to Smith College, as well as guidance and policy analysis to the college on insurance and risk concerns.
The office serves the college by:
- Credentialing drivers who may drive on behalf of the college. Complete the Driver Credentialing process.
- Managing vehicle accident claims. Learn what to do if you are involved in an accident.
- Providing Certificates of Insurance. Request a Certificate of Insurance.
- Managing waivers for voluntary or mandatory academic field trips, as well as reviews of existing or new waivers and informed consent documents. Learn additional information about the process and requirements.
- Answering general insurance and risk questions. Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting the college response to insured legal claims made against the college by securing and managing litigation attorneys and other consultants as needed.
- Reviewing all types of contracts for insurance, indemnity and other risk or compliance concerns. Please submit your requests to email@example.com and allow at least 10 business days for review.
- Providing or participating in seminars as requested on processes or matters with significant risk implications for the college.
All information provided on this website or by the Five College Office of Risk Management is intended as risk management information or advice only and should not be taken as legal advice. For more information, please contact us.
Faculty Policies and Procedures
Five College Risk Management has compiled the resources below to better service faculty and staff. Please feel free to email the office if you need further assistance.
Contact Enterprise Risk Management Office
Five Colleges Risk Management Office
c/o Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075-6404
For more information, please visit the Five College Risk Management website.
Director of Risk Management
Insurance & Claims Specialist
Risk and Compliance Coordinator