Read Smith’s plans for the spring 2021 semester.
Current Operating Mode: BLUE
Compliance & Risk Management
The Office of Compliance and Risk Management provides comprehensive insurance and risk management services to Smith College, as well as counsel, guidance and policy analysis to the college on compliance and risk concerns.
The office serves the college by:
- Advising the trustees, the president and members of the senior staff on compliance and risk concerns
- Providing proactive risk management services and responding to specific problems as they arise
- Supporting the college response to insured legal claims made against the college by securing and managing litigation attorneys and other consultants as needed
- Reviewing all types of contracts for insurance, indemnity and other risk or compliance concerns and working with the contracting parties (both college and participating vendor and/or their attorneys) in negotiating contractual content, upon request
- Providing or participating in seminars as requested on processes or matters with significant risk or compliance implications for the college
- Leading or participating in college committees or task forces formed to address compliance or risk issues.
All information provided on this website or by the Office of Compliance and Risk Management is intended as risk management information or advice only and should not be taken as legal advice. For more information, please contact us.