Five Colleges Inc.
c/o Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075-6404
For more information, please visit the Five College Risk Management website.
Director of Compliance & Risk Mgmt
Insurance & Claims Specialist
Legal matters are currently managed by outside counsel. For more information, please contact the Office of the Board of Trustees at 413-585-2151.
The Five College Office of Risk Management provides comprehensive insurance and risk management services to Smith College, as well as counsel, guidance and policy analysis to the college on compliance and risk concerns.
The office serves the college by:
- Advising the trustees, the president and members of the senior staff on compliance and risk concerns
- Providing proactive risk management services and responding to specific problems as they arise
- Supporting the college response to insured legal claims made against the college by securing and managing litigation attorneys and other consultants as needed
- Reviewing all types of contracts for insurance, indemnity and other risk or compliance concerns and working with the contracting parties (both college and participating vendor and/or their attorneys) in negotiating contractual content, upon request
- Providing or participating in seminars as requested on processes or matters with significant risk or compliance implications for the college
- Leading or participating in college committees or task forces formed to address compliance or risk issues.
All information provided on this website or by the Five College Office of Risk Management is intended as risk management information or advice only and should not be taken as legal advice. For more information, please contact us.
Faculty Policies and Procedures
Five College Risk Management has compiled the resources below to better service faculty and staff. Please feel free to email the office if you need further assistance.