The Five College Office of Risk Management is a shared administrative program that provides insurance and risk management services to Smith College, as well as guidance and policy analysis to the college on insurance and risk concerns.
The office serves the college by:
- Credentialing drivers who may drive on behalf of the college. Complete the Driver Credentialing process.
- Managing vehicle accident claims. Learn what to do if you are involved in an accident.
- Providing Certificates of Insurance. Request a Certificate of Insurance.
- Managing waivers for voluntary or mandatory academic field trips, as well as reviews of existing or new waivers and informed consent documents. Learn additional information about the process and requirements.
- Answering general insurance and risk questions. Please email your questions to email@example.com.
- Supporting the college response to insured legal claims made against the college by securing and managing litigation attorneys and other consultants as needed.
- Reviewing all types of contracts for insurance, indemnity and other risk or compliance concerns. Please submit your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and allow at least 10 business days for review.
- Providing or participating in seminars as requested on processes or matters with significant risk implications for the college.
All information provided on this website or by the Five College Office of Risk Management is intended as risk management information or advice only and should not be taken as legal advice. For more information, please contact us.
Faculty Policies and Procedures
Five College Risk Management has compiled the resources below to better service faculty and staff. Please feel free to email the office if you need further assistance.