The controller’s office accounts for, reports on and safeguards Smith College’s financial resources in a manner that supports the college’s mission and community. The office manages the functions of payroll; general accounting; tax and financial reporting; endowment, investment, gift and fixed assets accounting; accounts payable; procurement; and student loan management.
FY18 Annual Closing Calendars
Fiscal year 2017–18 ends Saturday, June 30. Friday, June 22 is the last day to purchase items with the college card (except for college business travelers); Friday, June 29 is the last day to receive goods to be charged to FY18.
Complete dates and deadlines are available in the quarterly and annual calendar document and by reviewing the Fiscal Year-End Procedures.
The controller's office is committed to:
- Providing relevant financial information for decision makers validated by independent audit
- Issuing timely and accurate payment to employees, vendors and other service providers of the college
- Improving the business operations of Smith College through enhanced technology and efficient processes
- Enhancing internal operations by the adoption and implementation of best practices, policies and procedures
- Actively promote and monitor compliance with appropriate state and federal financial tax laws and regulations
- Supporting a knowledgeable user community through communication, training, and excellent customer service