Mountain Day offers a surprise and joyful break from classes, signaled by the ringing of the college bells on a crisp autumn day. Smith students take this time to honor a cherished tradition—enjoying fall activities, like hiking or apple picking, or just lounging on campus. Wherever you are—whatever your view—we hope this day, this tradition, reminds you of the deep bonds that connect you to this remarkable college and to other Smithies around the world.
Do You Hear the Bells Ringing?
On Mountain Day, you get a chance to recharge, gather with friends and honor longtime traditions. Enjoy the day apple picking, exploring Northampton or simply relaxing and taking in the sights of Smith’s beautiful fall campus. Around the world, alums also take part with their own special celebrations.
Click on a thumbnail to view a larger version. Right-click on the download link and “save link as” to save the image to your computer.
Please note: To ensure that the logo and text do not appear reversed, you must uncheck the “mirror my video” option in your Zoom settings.
- On your Zoom home screen, click the gear icon in the top right-hand corner. A settings window will appear.
- Click on “Virtual Background” in the left-hand column.
- Click on the plus sign icon to the right of “Choose Virtual Background.”
- Click “Add Image.”
- Browse for the saved background image on your computer and click “Open.”
- Verify that the “Mirror my video” option is unchecked.