Read Smith’s plans for the fall 2021 semester.
Current Operating Mode: GREEN
Academic Resources & Forms
Not clear about something? If you have questions, need to get information or feel lost, puzzled or confused, ask your dean. The right-hand links offer details to help you get started, but we encourage you to come in and meet with us. You can make an appointment or visit us during walk-in hours.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021, is the last day (for a full semester course) to use the free drop option. For other important registration deadlines please go to the Registrar’s webpage.
Note: You can request to use your free drop via email without a form. You only need the approval of your Liberal Arts or major adviser (if you have 2 majors then from both advisers) and the approval of your class dean. Instructor permission is not required.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Send an email to your adviser/s and copy the class deans office on the email (email@example.com)
2. Include your name, class year, and the words "Free Drop" in the subject line
3. In the body of the email, state your 99# and the course you would like to drop (for example MTH 100, Algebra) and the name the instructor
4. Indicate the total # of credits you're currently enrolled in and how many credits you'll be enrolled in if you're approved to free drop this course
5. Ask your adviser/s to "reply all" back to the email with their approval so that we get a copy of their response (it's up to you to followup with your adviser/s)
Once we receive a response from your adviser/s we will then forward it to your class dean for review and if approved, will forward it to the registrar’s office for processing.