Academic Resources & Forms
Not clear about something? If you have questions, need to get information or feel lost, puzzled or confused, ask your dean. The right-hand links offer details to help you get started, but we encourage you to come in and meet with us. You can make an appointment or visit us during walk-in hours.
Wednesday April 5, 2023: Last day to change the grading option in a full semester course (see Registrar's webpage for 1/2 semester course deadlines) and to get the Change of Grading Option (S/U) Form.
Wednesday April 5, 2023: Last day to free drop a full semester course (see Registrar's webpage for 1/2 semester course deadlines)
You can request to use your free drop via email. You only need the approval of your adviser (if you have 2 majors then from both advisers) and the approval of your class dean. Instructor permission is not required.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Send an email to your adviser/s and copy the class deans office on the email (email@example.com)
2. Include your name, class year, and the words "Free Drop" in the subject line
3. In the body of the email, state the course you would like to free drop (for example MTH 100, Algebra) and the name of the instructor
4. Indicate the total # of credits you're currently enrolled in this semester and how many credits you'll be enrolled in if you're approved to free drop this course
5. Ask your adviser/s to "reply all" back to the email with their approval so that we receive a copy of their response (it's up to you to follow up with your adviser/s)
Once we receive a response from your adviser/s we will then forward it to your class dean for review and if approved, it will be forwarded to the Registrar's Office for processing. Approval is not guaranteed.
You must request to use the free-drop option by the appropriate deadline posted on the registrar's website.
No late requests will be accepted. You may not free drop a course if it results in your being enrolled in fewer than 12 credits.