Read Smith’s plans for the fall 2021 semester.
Current Operating Mode: GREEN
College Hall 101
Northampton, MA 01063
Our mission at the class deans office is to help you make the most of your time at Smith. The class dean is responsible for your overall academic program. You are encouraged to see your dean privately throughout the year regarding any issue, whether academic or personal. Your class dean is available to assist with course registration and procedures, academic options and general advice on such matters as study abroad, summer school and leaves of absence. We work closely with the registrar’s office to ensure that you are meeting your degree requirements.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with your class dean, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please indicate your name and class year. We will respond to emails in the order they are received. We appreciate your patience as we continue in a remote business model.
To petition the Administrative Board please use the Petition Form .
- Petitions received by noon on Fridays will be reviewed by the Administrative Board, in most cases, the following Tuesday. Petitions that are not complete, for example, missing instructor and/or adviser/s approvals, will not be reviewed until approvals are received. If Monday is a holiday, petitions received by Thursdays at noon will be reviewed by the Administrative Board the following Tuesday.
Smith Students' Aid Society Summer 2021 Funding Application
Requests for summer funding from the Smith Students' Aid Society are managed by the Class Deans Office. Normally, SSAS grants are available to all Smith undergraduate students in financial need for travel and noncredit and credit-bearing programs. Due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, 2021 requests for SSAS funding to support credit-bearing programs will be prioritized. Noncredit-bearing programs may be considered if they are connected to a student’s program of study.
Please note: SSAS grants will not be awarded to support international travel at this time. In addition, funds cannot be awarded as a supplement to Praxis funding. For credit-bearing programs, please note we can only fund courses that can be accepted for transfer credit by Smith College.
- Funding requests will be prioritized in the following order.
- Students required by the Administrative Board to attend a summer session course(s).
- Students with a credit deficit.
- Students requesting to enroll in a credit-bearing program.
- In some cases, students requesting to enroll in noncredit programs.
Deadline: The priority deadline to submit the online application is April 28, 2021. Late applications will be accepted and the second review deadline is May 7, 2021. Decisions will be made within two weeks of the deadlines.
Summer 2021 Application Instructions: Please complete the online SSAS Summer 2021 Funding Application here: SSAS Summer 2021 Funding Application You will have to upload a short statement.
Academic Support Services Available to Students
Jacobson Center for Writing
Spinelli Center for Quantitative Skills
Office of Disability Services
Remote Support Resources
Information Technology Services’ webpage and Zoom
Health and Wellness
Planning on taking a summer or interterm course? Please see the registrar’s website for information on transfer credit.