The Office of Institutional Research provides leadership in implementing the analytic side of Smith College’s business intelligence initiative, with a goal of developing the institution’s capacity for analytics.
We collaborate with senior administrators, managers and technical staff to:
- Design and deliver analytic reports that support data-driven decision making.
- Support the development of data sources that provide consistent definitions and quality data: a “single version of the truth.”
- Identify metrics across departments for reporting to a variety of stakeholders.
- Develop dashboards and score cards to help improve operational efficiency.
- Provide training and support to enable managers to use analytic tools to support Smith’s mission and its IT Strategic Plan.