Reflect | Resist | Rejuvenate
At the Center for Religious and Spiritual Life we encourage you to think deeply, stand up for your beliefs, exchange ideas, renew your spirit and connect with others. We are a center of diverse cultural and religious learning and expression, spiritual development, hospitality and community engagement. We aim to increase student knowledge and engagement with intersections of religion and world affairs in a diverse, multifaith community and to provide support and guidance to students as they wrestle with questions of meaning, faith and purpose.
Calling and Being Called: Experiencing Vocations
- Helen Hills Hills Chapel Sanctuary, 10:00 am-11:15 am
Have you felt that you were needed in a certain profession, yet not sure if it is for you? Are you a “first” of a social demographic or identity, in an area of student, activity, or role? Have you ever been interested in a spiritual or religious path? Join us for a conversation with Jennifer Baskerville Burrows ’88, first African American female bishop of the Episcopal Church and Reverend Matilda Rose Cantwell, College Chaplain
Muslim Prayer and Lunch
- Helen Hills Hills Chapel Sanctuary, every other Friday, 12:10 PM
Join us for a spiritual dialogue, communal prayer, camaraderie among Muslim-identifying students, and a delicious lunch to end the week. All are welcome to attend and learn more about Islam.
- Kosher Kitchen, Jordan House, 5:30 p.m.
Join the Smith College Jewish Community (SCJC) for lighting Shabbat candles and singing songs and psalms to welcome the Sabbath. Following this at 6:15 p.m. there will be a gourmet vegetarian dinner. All students are welcome.
Soup, Salad and Soul
- Helen Hills Hills Chapel, Bodman Lounge, 12–1 p.m.
- Join this soulful conversation every Friday at noon over delicious homemade vegetarian soup and salad prepared by our student cook. Smith issues of interest, matters of spirituality and various other topics posed by student leaders in a welcoming environment. Everyone welcome.
Center For Religious & Spiritual Life Blog
Helen Hills Hills Chapel
123-125 Elm Street
Northampton, MA 01063
We are open daily to the Smith community from 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m. for prayer, reflection, conversation, meditation, study and worship.