Reflect | Resist | Rejuvenate
At the Center for Religious and Spiritual Life we encourage you to think deeply, to stand up for your beliefs, to exchange ideas, to renew your spirit and to connect with others. We are a center of diverse cultural and religious learning and expression, spiritual development, hospitality and community engagement. We aim to increase student knowledge and engagement with intersections of religion and world affairs in a diverse, multi-faith community; and to provide support and guidance to students. as they wrestle with questions of meaning, faith and purpose.
Muslim Prayer and Lunch
- Helen Hills Hills Chapel Sanctuary, noon
Join us for a spiritual dialogue, communal prayer, camaraderie among Muslim-identifying students, and a delicious lunch to end the week. All are welcome to attend and learn more about Islam.
Passover First Night Seder
- Helen Hills Hills Chapel Sanctuary, 6 p.m.
- The Smith College Jewish Community will host a Passover First Night Seder in the Helen Hills Hills Chapel sanctuary. There is no charge to attend the seder but it is essential that anyone who wants to come sign up with dining services. The evening will include dinner, fun and singing. Registration for meals can only be done online on the Dining website.
Soup, Salad and Soul
- Helen Hills Hills Chapel, Bodman Lounge, 12–1 p.m.
- Join this soulful conversation every Friday at noon over delicious homemade vegetarian soup and salad prepared by our student cook. Students, faculty and staff are invited for discussion on philosophical musings, current events, Smith issues of interest, matters of spirituality, and various other topics posed by student leaders in a welcoming environment. All faiths, non-faiths, and questioning or searching individuals are welcome. Come for the food; stay for the discussion.
LGBTQIA Bible Study
- Bodman Lounge, Helen Hills Hills Chapel, 4-5 p.m.
Join LGBTQ+ Bible Study every Sunday from 4-5pm in the Bodman Lounge for a discussion about what the Bible really says about the LGBTQ+ community! We affirm the holiness of all identities, expressions, and orientations and talk about the Bible through this lens. Many of us come from Christian traditions, but this study is open to all curious Smithies, regardless of faith tradition or belief system. Email Lizzy at email@example.com with questions!
Center For Religious & Spiritual Life Blog
Helen Hills Hills Chapel
123-125 Elm Street
Northampton, MA 01063
We are open daily to the Smith community from 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m. for prayer, reflection, conversation, meditation, study and worship.