Read Smith’s plans for the spring 2021 semester.
Current Operating Mode: BLUE
The Inclusion Council was established in 2009. The council works with the vice president for equity and inclusion to promote and achieve Smith’s diversity and social justice goals. Membership includes faculty, staff and students from key constituencies on campus.
- Andrea Hairston, Louise Wolff Kahn Professor of Theatre
- Jennifer Malkowski, Assistant Professor of Film and Media Studies
- Marianne Yoshioka, Dean of the School for Social Work and Elizabeth Marting Treuhaft Professor
- Mariyana Zapryanova, Assistant Professor of Economics
- Nikki Chambers, Associate Director of Admission, Multicultural
- Janet Spongberg, Circulation Coordinator, Libraries
- Dana Olivo, Assistant Director for Residential Education, Residence Life
- Beth Raffeld, Senior Vice President for Alumnae Relations and Development
- Laura Rauscher, Disability Services Director
- L'Tanya Richmond, Dean of Multicultural Affairs
- Barbara Solow, Assistant Director, College Relations
- Arthur T. Usher, Manager of Facilities Services, Facilities Management
- Deborah Wijnhoven, Associate Director, Lazarus Center for Career Development; Director of Employer Relations
- Sena Amuzu '24
- Laura Kelly-Bryant ’21
- Diamond Mark '22
- Leela de Paula '23
- Hawa Tarawally AC '21
The mission of the Inclusion Council is to offer grounded perspectives on how inclusion, diversity and equity -- inherent in the relationships, practices and activities of students, staff and faculty -- are playing out at Smith College. The members of the council shall advise the Vice President for Equity and Inclusion on what’s working well and how the College can improve.