Read Smith’s UPDATED plans as of August 5, 2020,
for an entirely remote fall 2020 semester.
The Inclusion Council was established in 2009. The council works with the vice president for equity and inclusion to promote and achieve Smith’s diversity and social justice goals. Membership includes faculty, staff and students from key constituencies on campus.
- Andrea Hairston, Louise Wolff Kahn Professor of Theatre
- Jack Loveless, Associate Professor of Geosciences
- Jennifer Malkowski, Assistant Professor of Film and Media Studies
- Marianne Yoshioka, Dean of the School for Social Work and Elizabeth Marting Treuhaft Professor
- Mary Barr, Retail and Catering Manager, Dining Services
- Dana Olivo, Assistant Director for Residential Education, Residence Life
- Beth Raffeld, Senior Vice President for Alumnae Relations and Development
- Laura Rauscher, Disability Services Director
- L'Tanya Richmond, Dean of Multicultural Affairs
- Arthur T. Usher, Manager of Facilities Services, Facilities Management
- Deborah Wijnhoven, Associate Director, Lazarus Center for Career Development; Director of Employer Relations
- Nikki Chambers, Associate Director of Admission, Multicultural
- Laura Kelly-Bryant ’21
- Whitney Mutalemwa ’20
The mission of the Inclusion Council is to offer grounded perspectives on how inclusion, diversity and equity -- inherent in the relationships, practices and activities of students, staff and faculty -- are playing out at Smith College. The members of the council shall advise the Vice President for Equity and Inclusion on what’s working well and how the College can improve.