Have news to share with your classmates? Submit a class note and tell us what’s happening in your life! Your information will be sent directly to your class secretary for publication in the Smith Alumnae Quarterly.
Please keep the following in mind:
- All submissions are subject to editing for length and style.
- Columns are compiled for the SAQ four times a year. Deadlines for submitting a note are February 1 (summer issue), May 1 (fall issue), August 1 (winter issue), and November 1 (spring issue).
- The long lead time between submission and publication allows all 40,000 words of notes to be thoroughly fact-checked, edited, laid out, and proofread within our overall production cycle.
- We welcome wedding and birth announcements, but avoid reporting on engagements and pregnancies.
- By submitting a class note, you agree that the SAQ can publish your note in print and online. Please be advised that the digital SAQ is searchable by Google and other search engines.
- The SAQ does not publish political endorsements, personally insulting or otherwise harmful content, potentially libelous material, or fundraising appeals for anything not related to Smith College.
Photos must be a minimum of 3 MB. Images up to 5 MB may be uploaded here. Images larger than 5 MB should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org