COVID-19 Recommendations Following Winter Break
Letters to the Community
December 12, 2022
Dear students, staff and faculty:
With Winter Break just a week away, we write to update you on Smith College’s COVID-related protocols for students’ return to campus in January.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, cold or flu, if you have traveled, or if you have been in large group activities, please get tested before you return to campus. Consult CDC guidelines for up-to-date travel and health guidance.
- Students returning to houses beginning January 3 will be asked to take a rapid antigen test immediately upon return (kits will be placed in rooms with instructions for use). Within 48-72 hours we recommend that you take a COVID-19 PCR test at the Campus Center testing site. Click here to book an appointment. Please exercise caution, such as wearing a mask in group settings, until you receive a negative PCR test result.
- PLEASE NOTE: In the week leading up to Winter Break and during J-term, hours for the Test Center will change. Check the website’s asymptomatic testing tab for current hours. The Test Center will be closed over break, December 22–January 2.
- Masking will remain optional and welcomed everywhere on campus.
- Masks are required in the Schacht Center for Health and Wellness and the COVID-19 Testing Center.
- When masking, please wear well-fitting masks. Both KN-95 and surgical masks are available at the Testing Center.
- Please be supportive of those who choose to wear a mask.
Symptomatic testing is available through the Schacht Center for Health and Wellness and strongly encouraged for all members of the Smith community following Winter Break. We will continue to carefully monitor local, regional and national health conditions and adjust our policies when needed. If you have questions, please direct them to email@example.com. As always, we extend our deepest gratitude to the community for your cooperation in following our protocols, and wish you a safe and restorative break.
COVID-19 Incident Response Team (CIRT)