Track Your Application
Please follow these instructions to check on the status of your financial aid application. You will need the BannerWeb User ID and PIN that was emailed to you.
Please keep your User ID and PIN in a safe place. To guarantee privacy, please keep your User ID and PIN confidential.
Log In To BannerWeb
- Go to smith.edu/bannerweb to log in.
- At the User Login screen, enter your User ID and PIN. Type carefully. Click “Login”.
- Your PIN will be expired and you will need to create a new one.
- Your new PIN must be between 8-15 characters and contain at least one number and at least one letter. When you choose it, please keep it in a secure place as it is now your permanent PIN.
- Read the Terms and Usage and click “Continue”.
- Confirm your PIN.
- If you forget your PIN, you will need to contact the IT Service Center at 413-585-4487 or email@example.com.
Check Status of Your Financial Aid Application
- Click on the “Student and Financial Aid” tab.
- Click on “Student Financial Services Information Menu”.
- On the menu, click on “Student Requirements”.
- On the Select Aid Year screen, choose the aid year that you are applying for admission from the drop down menu. Click the “Submit” button.
- On the Student Requirements screen, you will see the status of outstanding and completed requirements.
- To learn about additional information and/or instructions for a specific requirement, click on the “Requirement Messages” button at the bottom of your screen. Only certain requirements have an extra message.
If you encounter any problems logging in, please contact the Information Technology Services Center at 413-585-4487 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions regarding your financial aid application or requirements, please contact the SFS office at 800-221-2570 or 413-585-2530 or email@example.com.
Please provide the SFS office a few days to process application materials. If you see that something you submitted has not been recorded, please allow us sufficient processing time before check the status again. If it has been several days and your financial aid requirements are not recorded, please contact the SFS office.