Read Smith’s plans for the fall 2021 semester.
Current Operating Mode: GREEN
Work for Precollege Programs
Remote and In-Person Opportunities Available
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding summer job? Join our team! We hire responsible and motivated Smith undergraduates and other professionals for residential and health services positions.
Smith Undergraduate Students
Each summer we fill the following positions:
- Summer Science and Engineering Classroom Assistants
- Creative Writing Workshop Classroom Assistants
- Women, Gender and Representation Classroom Assistants
- Sustaining Positivity in an Age of Climate Anxiety Classroom Assistant
- Residential Counselors
- Must be a current Smith student who will be returning as a full-time student for the fall 2021 semester
- Previous experience working for or attending a residential or day camp is preferred
- Maturity to work in a mentorship role with high school students
- Team player who works well with other staff and program leadership
- Creative, able to lead others in fun and engaging activities
- Excellent leadership skills
Classroom Assistant positions require successful completion of classes within the field. Applicants for these positions will be asked to include their transcript with their resume.
Dates of employment vary by position. Terms range from three– to– six weeks from June 21–August 7, 2021.
Compensation: Minimum wage. Room and board are provided (and required) for on-campus assistants.
Professional Positions with the Summer Residential Team
Hiring for an in-person House Manager Only.
The House Manager works collaboratively with our Residential Manager and Program Director to provide a safe, fun and connected residential experience.
The position is full-time. Working hours include Monday through Friday, 3:30 p.m. to midnight. Weekends required. Living on campus through the duration of employment is required. Housing is not available for additional family members or pets (with the exception of service animals).
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in residential life on a college campus required
- Experience working with high school students preferred
- Experience in planning and implementing activities for groups
- Must have exceptional communication, time management and mentorship skills
Dates of employment: 3-weeks, July 18–August 7, 2021.
Compensation: Room and board are provided July 18–August 7, 2021.