Statement on Safety During a Pandemic
Smith College is currently reviewing the health and safety risks involved in international travel and study for 2022–23. The Office for International Study is committed to providing adequate COVID-19 precautions for study abroad. All students studying abroad must demonstrate compliance with the Smith College vaccination policy.
We are preparing to offer study abroad where conditions allow. Smith College's final approval of study abroad plans will be contingent upon the following:
- Ongoing monitoring of the COVID-19 global health situation.
- Assessment of COVID contingency plans and protocols.
- Academic continuity should the program be interrupted.
- COVID precautions in program-regulated housing.
- Adherence to local public health guidelines for quarantine, public transportation,university classrooms,.social gatherings outside of the Smith Center.
- Ability to implement changes to protect safety for students, faculty and staff abroad that go beyond local health requirements.
The team contributing to this assessment include the Study Abroad Risk Assessment Advisory Group (SARAAG), the Smith Programs Abroad directors and the deans in the Office for International Study.
The information published on this site will be updated on a regular basis.