Read Smith’s plans for the spring 2021 semester.
Current Operating Mode: BLUE
Identity Theft Protection
Dear Smith Community Members,
As the calendar moves forward to 2021, many of us are thinking about goals for the new year. Many of you have completed your Benefits Open Enrollment and will be receiving your new Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA) identification cards over the next few weeks.
One of the benefits we introduced in 2020 for Smith employees is identity theft protection. Employees have the flexibility to opt in or out of the voluntary plan from Allstate at any time during the year.
There are two plan options:
- Individual: Covers the employee only at a cost of $4.59 per biweekly pay period.
- Family: Covers any individual in the employee’s household, even if they are not a dependent on the employee’s insurance. For example, a parent who physically lives in your household and is financially dependent on you is eligible for identity theft protection through your Allstate Identity Protection Family plan. The plan also covers children. The cost of this plan is $8.28 per biweekly pay period.
The Allstate Identity Protection Pro Plus plan allows you to:
- See and control your personal data with Allstate Digital Footprint
- Monitor social media accounts for questionable content and signs of account takeover
- Check your identity health score
- View and manage alerts in real time
- Catch fraud at its earliest sign with tri-bureau monitoring and an annual tri-bureau credit report and score
- Lock your TransUnion credit report in a click and get credit freeze assistance
- Get help disputing errors on your credit report
- See if your IP addresses have been compromised
- Receive alerts for cash withdrawals, balance transfers, and large purchases
- Get reimbursed for fraud-related losses, such as stolen 401(k) & HSA funds or fraudulent tax returns with Allstate’s $1 million identity theft insurance policy
More detailed information can be found on the Human Resources website.
For step-by-step instructions on how to enroll in the coverage, please visit the Workday Help site and review the Change Identity Theft Enrollment job aid. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
We continue to research benefits that may be helpful to our Employees, and are pleased to offer this option.
HR Benefits Team