Resources for Collaborations Participants
Poster Session Resources
Preparing a poster for Collaborations? Use the documents and links below to make it as effective as possible.
- Poster Preparation Checklist (Google Docs Presentation)
For students who are presenting during the poster sessions. Covers the steps involved in creating your poster, having it printed and presenting it.
- Poster Preparation Procedures (Web link)
Resources to help you select and obtain or prepare text, photos, graphs, maps and any other content to be included on your poster.
- Science Poster Liaisons (Web link)
Find out who will print your poster using this list of department liaisons for science posters.
- Collaborations Poster Printing Request Form (PDF)
Complete this form and submit it with your poster when you send it for printing. Remember to submit your printing request no later than Friday, April 14, 2017.
- Examples of Past Collaborations Posters
The proceedings from Collaborations 2013 includes links to numerous presentations in many subjects.
Whether you are using PowerPoint, participating in a panel, or giving a reading, these resources can help you create a top-notch presentation! If you will use PowerPoint or another digital presentation format, you must submit it to the Collaborations Team by Wednesday, April 19, 2017 to allow time for it to be tested on the computers in the presentation rooms.
- Resources for Creating Presentations (PDF)
Guidance on creating and giving strong presentations. Lists sources for images and other content, presentation software, on-campus resources to support you as you prepare your presentation and tips for presenting confidently.
- How to Create an Effective Digital Presentation (PDF)
Handy tips on preparing your PowerPoint presentation, from gathering content to creating compelling material.
- Submitting Your PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
Once your PowerPoint presentation is perfected, here's some helpful information on submitting your file.
- Bad Presentation Bingo (Web link)
24 Things to Avoid When Making a Presentation or Speaking in Public (good advice and fun too!)
- Examples of Past Collaborations Presentations (Web link)
The proceedings from Collaborations 2015 includes links to numerous presentations in many subjects.