Read Smith’s UPDATED plans as of August 5, 2020,
for an entirely remote fall 2020 semester.
Dean of the College and VP for Campus Life Search Update
December 17, 2019
Dear students, staff and faculty,
On behalf of the search committee, I am writing to share the position profile for the dean of the college and vice president for campus life, which I have attached. The document describes the personal characteristics, skills and experience required for this position. The dean serves a critical leadership role at the campus, with primary responsibility for the totality of the student experience. We seek a strategic, engaged and imaginative leader to chart the path for the next generation of Smith students.
The search committee is being assisted in its work by consultants at Spencer Stuart. We welcome nominations or expressions of interest at this confidential address: SmithDOC@spencerstuart.com.
Members of the Search Committee
- Kathleen McCartney, chair
- Melisa Aguila Rua ’21
- Nalini Bhushan, Andrew W. Mellon Professor in the Humanities and Professor of Philosophy
- Floyd Cheung, Vice President for Equity and Inclusion, Professor of English Language and Literature and American Studies
- Samantha Earp, Vice President for Information Technology
- Katie McGarry ’21
- Michael Thurston, Provost and Dean of the Faculty; Helen Means Professor of English Language and Literature
- Tina Wildhagen, Dean of the Sophomore Class, Associate Professor of Sociology
- Will Williams, Associate Professor of Physics