Advancing Social Equity and Supporting Healthy Communities
The Jandon Center engages faculty, students and community partners on social-change projects that tackle community-driven goals. Through experiential learning and scholarship, students build essential capacities in critical thinking while providing significant leadership on urgent, complex issues facing communities and society.
Meet with one of the members of the Jandon team!
Set up a time to talk with one of us about:
- the CESC Concentration (Maddie)
- the SAJE Fellowship (Nancy)
- Community Service Organization and getting involved locally (Hannah)
- Collective Organizing (Ana Del Conde)
Schedule a time using our scheduling page.
Find your Fit with the Jandon Center Roadmap & Get Connected!
- Are you interested in working with students, faculty, and staff who are passionate
about building community and engaging in social change?
- Are you interested in getting to know local community members and partner organizations?
- Start with the Jandon Center Roadmap to find your fit. You can access it here.
- Learn more about ways to get involved and how to get there.
““I’ve always loved community service, and the Jandon Center helps me bring love for others to create a better world. That’s what Smith is all about.”—Asmae Lichir AC
A Year in the Life of the Jandon Center
Check out the Jandon Center’s first video annual report to see what the team was busy doing during the 2019–20 school year. You’ll see student testimonials and engagement data, and have a chance to preview the center’s diverse projects as part of its 10 signature programs. Be sure to read our report outlining the Jandon Center’s 2019–20 highlights.
Jandon Center, by the Numbers
participated in a Jandon Center event, program or project in 2020–21.
of knowledge sharing via the center’s Public Lectures Series in 2020–21.
created for the community early in the pandemic through the center’s Crafting for Community initiative.
Join Our Mailing List
Northampton, MA 01063