Smith College’s COVID-19 response plan, “A Culture of Care,” puts health and safety, students’ education and the Smith experience at its center.
for an entirely remote fall 2020 semester.
The Grécourt Gate welcomes your submissions. To discuss a story idea of interest to the Smith community, contact Barbara Solow at 413-585-2171 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Smith eDigest is sent to all campus email accounts on Tuesday and Thursday each week during the academic year and on Tuesdays during the summer. Items for eDigest are limited to official Smith business and must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the day prior to the next edition’s distribution.
A New Look for the Grécourt Gate
The Grécourt Gate is getting a new look! In keeping with the college’s efforts to make its digital communications more effective and user friendly, the Grécourt Gate will unveil a new “face” over Spring Break.
Readers will notice:
- a new design that’s more closely connected to smith.edu
- a site that’s optimized for mobile platforms
- easy access to a greater number and variety of stories
- more vibrant use of photos.
Behind the scenes, the new Gate will:
- make it easier to share stories between the Gate and smith.edu, including on the pages of academic departments
- make it easier to share stories via social media or email, with a “share this” feature on every story
- allow the college to more often take a “digital first” approach, presenting selected stories online before they appear in print
- integrate content between smith.edu and the alumnae web site.
As is always the case in major website launches, you may encounter broken links, missing content or other issues during the transition to the new Gate. If you discover a broken link, or can’t locate a story in the archive, please contact email@example.com.
Read on to learn more about using new special features:
Thanks for exploring the new Gate!