The College Relations staff produces dozens of publications a year, many of which are in production at any given time. Most publications are on annual schedules. We take on new projects when possible, but any new publications must not disrupt the projects we're already committed to producing.
Our publications range from brochures and booklets to large-scale projects such as the admission viewbook and the Smith Alumnae Quarterly. Some are funded by the office's annual budget while others are paid for by other offices and departments on campus. We have no “discretionary fund” for projects not in our budget.
The focus of our publications program is external (off-campus) college relations. In general, we are more likely to produce your publication if the intended audience is off campus (for instance, prospective students) rather than on campus.
The College Relations staff can provide any or all of these services on most projects: writing, copy editing, design and layout, photography, proofreading and printing. If our workload does not permit us to take on a particular project, we can suggest freelance professionals with whom you can negotiate directly about the cost, schedule and quality of your publication.
- admission marketing materials for prospective students
- the Smith Alumnae Quarterly
- publicity materials and programs for major college-wide events (such as Rally Day and Commencement)
- produce programs, invitations and other announcements for one-time events (contact Copy and Mail Services)
- print course syllabi or materials for classes or projects
- handle your orders for stationery or business cards (contact Purchasing)
- design posters for most events
New Projects or General Questions
Please contact the publications team directly
30 Belmont Avenue
Questions About Publications for Development and Alumnae Relations
John MacMillan, Editorial Director, Alumnae Communications
30 Belmont Avenue
Questions About the Smith Alumnae Quarterly
Christina Barber-Just, Deputy Editor, Smith Alumnae Quarterly
Questions About Notes from Paradise, the email newsletter
Lil Knight, Associate Editor, Smith Alumnae Quarterly