Sherrerd Prizes for Distinguished Teaching
Requests for Nominations
Do you know a Smith faculty member whose teaching has had a significant impact on students? Smith students, faculty and alumnae are invited to nominate outstanding teachers for the Sherrerd Prize for Distinguished Teaching.
Please submit your nomination using one of the following methods:
- The online nomination form (Smith students, faculty and alumnae only)
- Send email to email@example.com
Guidelines for Sherrerd Award Nominations
The information presented in individual nominations is vital to the Sherrerd Award Committee’s selection process. Concrete examples of a teacher’s work inside and outside the classroom help guide the committee’s decision process. Specific examples are also important in nominations.
Recommenders are also encouraged to consider the following questions:
- What sets this person apart among teachers at Smith College?
- Is there anything unique or unusual about this instructor’s teaching style that heightened your learning?
- Are there specific examples of engagement with students you would like to highlight?
If you send a nomination email, please be sure to include:
- Your name
- Whether you are a Smith student, faculty member, or alumna
- The name of the teacher you are nominating