Smith College’s COVID-19 response plan, “A Culture of Care,” puts health and safety, students’ education and the Smith experience at its center.
and the college’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Grécourt Gate welcomes your submissions. To discuss a story idea of interest to the Smith community, contact Barbara Solow at 413-585-2171 or send email to email@example.com.
The Smith eDigest is sent to all campus email accounts on Tuesday and Thursday each week during the academic year and on Tuesdays during the summer. Items for eDigest are limited to official Smith business and must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the day prior to the next edition’s distribution.
College Bids Farewell to Retiring Faculty
At a faculty meeting held remotely in May, Smith College President Kathleen McCartney announced the retirement of nine faculty members.
Faculty members who retired in Fall 2019 are:
- Fletcher Blanchard, professor of psychology
- Maki Hubbard, professor of East Asian language and literature
- Louis Wilson, professor of Africana studies
Faculty members retiring in June are:
- Katherine Halvorsen, professor of mathematics and statistics
- Joseph McVeigh, professor of German studies
- Albert Mosley, professor of philosophy
- Robert Newton, professor of geosciences
- Alan Rudnitksy, professor of education and child study
- Dominique Thiébaut, professor of computer science