Skip Navigation

For International Students

A group of young women writing an off-road vehicle during an expedition during Smith College summer programs

All international students admitted to the precollege program and traveling to the United States must ensure they have a valid passport (valid for at least six months from date of entry) for travel to and from the program for the duration of the program.

Accepted international students who do not have U.S. citizenship or a green card will need to obtain an F-1 student visa. Please complete the Smith Precollege Certificate of Finances below and return it to our office by April 21.


If you currently have an I-20 from another school in the U.S. and intend to return to that school after the summer program, submit copies of your:

  • I-20
  • Biographical page of your passport
  • F-1 visa
  • A letter from your current school confirming your lawful status and eligibility to continue your education there after completion of your precollege programs at Smith College.

Health Insurance

International and non-U.S. citizens participating in the precollege programs are required to have health insurance. Short-term health insurance is available through or Seven Corners.

International student must submit insurance plan details to the Office of Summer Programs before June 8.