Costs & Payments
2018 Program Costs
|College Admission Workshop||$1,650|
|Field Studies for Sustainable Futures||$3,000|
|Hidden Lives: Discovering Women's History||$3,000|
|Summer Science & Engineering Program||$5,800|
|Young Women's Writing Workshop||$3,000|
The program costs above include the nonrefundable deposit due upon acceptance, as well as all other programmatic materials and activities.
A $50 application fee is required, made payable to Smith College.
A nonrefundable deposit is due within 10 business days of acceptance into a precollege program.
|College Admission Workshop||$300|
|Field Studies for Sustainable Futures||$500|
|Hidden Lives: Discovering Women's History||
|Summer Science & Engineering Program||
|Young Women's Writing Workshop||
Financial payments for all programs is due by May 15. If you are accepted into the program after May 15, full payment is due immediately. Program payments are nonrefundable after May 15.
Smith Precollege Summer Programs financial aid is available to a limited number of participants and is awarded on the basis of demonstrated financial need and eligibility for the program. To be considered for financial aid, you must submit the Financial Aid form with your application.
Below is a list of the organizations and foundations that partner with Smith Precollege Programs. Some of these foundations work with high school students only from particular schools or communities where the foundation is located. Others work broadly, referring and recommending students from throughout the United States.
We value our engagement with these organizations. Many offer both financial support and ongoing relationships to their high-achieving young scholars, giving advice, support and assistance to students and their families through the Precollege application process.
- Achievement First High Schools
- Community Foundation of Western Mass.
- Girls Action Networks (limited to students in New York City)
- Holy Trinity High School (Chicago, IL)
- Jack Kent Cook Foundation
- Joyce Ivy Foundation
- Minds Matter
- Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE)
- Opportunity Network
- Park Tudor School (Indianapolis, IN)
- Passport Scholars (Chattanooga, TN)
- Reach Memphis
- Say Yes to Education/Teachers College of Columbia University
- Schuler Scholar Program
- Steppingstone Foundation (Boston, MA)
- Summer Search
- Wishbone (limited to students living in Connecticut and New York)
- Young Women's Leadership Network (limited to students in New York City)