Costs & Payments
Summer 2020 Information Coming Soon!
All content on the precollege websites is from our fantastic 2019 season. Stay tuned for updates!
2019 Program Tuition
|College Admission Workshop||
|Field Studies for Sustainable Futures||$3,300|
|Hidden Lives: Discovering Women's History||$3,300|
|Summer Science & Engineering Program||$6,380|
|Young Women's Writing Workshop||$3,300|
- Tuition covers room, board and all academic costs, including books, classroom field trips, etc.
- Tuition includes the nonrefundable deposit.
All application fees are nonrefundable.
A nonrefundable deposit is due within 10 business days of acceptance into a precollege program.
|College Admission Residential||$330|
|College Admission Day Student||$170|
|Field Studies for Sustainable Futures||$660|
|Hidden Lives: Discovering Women's History||$660|
|Summer Science & Engineering Program||$1,275|
|Young Women's Writing Workshop||$660|
Tuition for all programs is due by May 15. If you are accepted into the program after May 15, full payment is due immediately.
- All program deposits are nonrefundable.
- Tuition is nonrefundable after May 15.
- If an accepted student drops out after May 15, or leaves the program early for any reason, no portion of tuition will be refunded. Some extenuating circumstances may be considered if the parent/guardian submits a written request to the director of Precollege Programs.
Early Registration Discount
If you pay in full by April 1 and do not request financial aid, you are eligible to the discounts below (there is no early registration discount for the College Admission Workshop).
|Field Studies for Sustainable Futures||$150|
|Hidden Lives: Discovering Women's History||$150|
|Summer Science & Engineering Program||$200|
|Young Women's Writing Workshop||$150|
The shuttle to and from Bradley International Airport is $35 ($70 roundtrip).
All requests for shuttle transportation must be received by June 10. You will mark your shuttle selection in the Supplemental Form.
Getaways are optional weekend trips that do not have an academic focus. Unlike field trips, which are included in the program, getaways require a separate fee. Getaways are nonrefundable after June 8. Students may elect to not go on the trip; however, the fee will not be refunded.
|July 14, 2019||Day on the Deerfield River and Crab Apple rafting trip*||$100|
|July 27, 2019||Day in Boston: New England Aquarium and shopping in Faneuil Hall||$125|
*Waiver must be signed by parent or guardian.
Smith Precollege Summer Programs financial aid is available to a limited number of participants and is awarded on the basis of demonstrated financial need and eligibility for the program. To be considered for financial aid, you must submit the Financial Aid form with your application.
The financial assistance application deadline is March 22. Applicant must have all materials submitted, including the Financial Aid Form and paperwork by March 22.
Below is a list of the organizations and foundations that partner with Smith Precollege Programs. Some of these foundations work with high school students only from particular schools or communities where the foundation is located. Others work broadly, referring and recommending students from throughout the United States.
We value our engagement with these organizations. Many offer both financial support and ongoing relationships to their high-achieving young scholars, giving advice, support and assistance to students and their families through the Precollege application process.
- Achievement First High Schools
- Community Foundation of Western Mass.
- Girls Action Networks (limited to students in New York City)
- Holy Trinity High School (Chicago, IL)
- Jack Kent Cook Foundation
- Joyce Ivy Foundation
- Minds Matter
- Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE)
- Opportunity Network
- Park Tudor School (Indianapolis, IN)
- Passport Scholars (Chattanooga, TN)
- Public Prep (limited to students in New York City)
- Reach Memphis
- Schuler Scholar Program
- Steppingstone Foundation (Boston, MA)
- Success Academies (limited to students in New York City)
- Summer Search
- Wishbone (limited to students living in Connecticut and New York)
- Young Women's Leadership Network (limited to students in New York City)