Accessing Items in Trunk Rooms, July 13, 2020
Dear Juniors and Seniors,
Many of you have already reached out to Residence Life about how to access your belongings in house trunk rooms as you are not returning to campus for the fall semester. You are not required to pick up your belongings, but for those of you who would like to pick up some or all of your belongings, we have developed a plan for you to do so. Please read the instructions below:
- Students must retrieve their belongings before August 23
- Students must complete the Upper Class Trunk Room Access form to request access to a trunk room at least 4 business days in advance of their intended access day.
- Students will receive an email confirmation from the Department of Residence Life with the date and time they can access the trunk room within four days of submitting the form. They should keep this email for their records.
- Students may identify a proxy to pick up their belongings.
- Students may have 1 additional person to help them gather their belongings from the trunk room. Everyone accessing public space must follow public health guidelines including face coverings, physical distancing and hand sanitizing.
- Students should arrive at the house where they need to access the trunk room and call Campus Safety at 413-585-2490 to be let into the building and trunk room.
- Students will have 30 minutes to retrieve their belongings from the trunk room
- They are not to access any other areas of the house while in the building
- When finished collecting their belongings, students are to call Campus Safety to let them know they are finished retrieving their belongings.
If you want access to your belongings but cannot come to campus:
- Students can identify an alternative person to themselves (a proxy) who can pick their belongings up for them.
- This can be a student who is returning to campus in the fall and is assigned to the house where the belongings are being stored. Students on campus in the fall will have access to trunk room items when they return in the fall.
- Students can contact Boomerang Storage (https://www.boomerangstorage.com/) who will pick up their belongings and ship them to the student for a cost.
If you do not follow these procedures you will not be permitted to access house trunk rooms. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Director of Residence Life