MAINTAINING STAFF & FACULTY PRINTERS
Printer service and toner for all Smith-owned Hewlett Packard laser printers is provided under contract by Connecticut Business Systems (CBS).
[Please note that inkjet printers are not covered by any of our maintenance contracts.]
Follow the instructions below to request toner or service for college-owned HP laser printers, and to recycle used toner cartridges.
Departments are required to purchase CBS toner for all Smith owned HP laser printers after the orginal toner is used.
- Have your procurement card ready and the CBS equipment number (from the blue sticker on the front of the printer) when you call CBS at 1-800-842-0009 and press 4 to order supplies. A CBS representative will request your procurement card number and take your order.
- Alternatively, you can order toner cartridges from CBS on-line using this form:
If CBS does not have your procurement card information on file, a representative will call you to request it.
Requesting Printer Service
Note that for service on a laser printer to be covered under Smith's agreement with CBS, a toner cartridge for that printer must have been ordered through CBS otherwise your department will be billed for a CBS toner without it being shipped.
To request repair service on a Smith-owned HP laser printer:
- Call CBS at 1-800-842-0009 and press 3 for help. A CBS representative will need the ID number, (from the blue sticker on the front of the printer) make and model.
- Alternatively, you can place an on-line service request to CBS.
Recycling Used Toner Cartridges
|Printer type||Toner Recycling Instructions|
|Option 1 for Laserjet toner||When replacing a toner check the box for a UPS return label and leave it at a UPS pickup location on campus.|
|Option 2 for Laserjet toner||Used Xerox and HP toners can be dropped off at either the Smith College Computer Store at Stoddard Hall 202 or the Copy Center on Green Street.|
|Option 3 for Laserjet toner
- Go to: http://www.tonerrecycle.net/how-to-contact-us/
|Option 4 for Laserjet toner||If WB Mason delivers office supplies to your office, note that the driver can take used HP and HP-compatible cartridges. All used cartridges must be boxed, taped, and labeled EMPTY before the driver can take them.|