The Picker Engineering Program combines the study of engineering with the humanities, the arts and the sciences. Our students strive to design solutions to the many challenges facing society in the 21st century.
Announcing the Engineering Forums for Spring 2014. All forums are located in Ford Hall room 240 and are held from 12:00pm - 1:00pm, food will be served at these events, students are invited to bring their own beverage.
- April 22: Jen Maer from IDEO, see poster (PDF).
- April 23: Honor Thesis Presentation I (see PDF for times)
- April 30: Honor Thesis Presentation II (see PDF for times)
- May 2: Design Clinic Celebrations. (Presented in the Campus Center Carroll Room, PDF)
Commencement & Reunion Activities
- May 16, 8:00pm - 10:00pm Celebration of 2014 Seniors and 10th Yr. Reunion Celebration, Packard's 3rd Floor.
- May 17, 2:30pm - 3:30pm 2014 Commencement Reception, Ford Hall, Lower Level. Schedule of 2014 Commenecement Reception Activites.
- May 17, 4:30pm - 5:30pm 10th Year Picker Engineering Reunion, Ford Hall, Engineering Wing 1st Floor.
- May 24, 4:30pm - 5:30pm 5th Year Picker Engineering Reunion, Ford Hall Seasons Room.
See who is returning for Reunion I & II (click here)
Each month the Lazarus Center for Career Development publishes a Career Engineering Newsletter with opportunities for engineering students.
Engineering in the News
Student Reflections on Capstone Design: Experiences with Industry-Sponsored Projects. Professor Susannah Howe, a guest editor of International Journal of Engineering Education (IJEE) Vol. 30-1.
Congratulations to Maya Kutz '15 for her award "Leadership in Environmental Sustainability", In recognition of an individual (or organization) that represents the ideals of sustainable leadership through advocacy, programming or community events. Award presented on Tuesday, April 15 at the Campus Center.
Congratulations to Society of Women Engineers for "Outstanding Community Service". In recognition of the development and implementation of a community service program, Introduce A Girl to Engineers Day. Award presented on Tuesday, April 15 at the Campus Center.
Congratulations to our Engineering Scholar Athletes. Lauren Hilton '14, Adrienne Horne '14, Xinyi Liu '14, Emily Lane '15, Lauren Weston '15, Yumeng Cao '16, Bethany Claps '16, Anna Partridge '16, Isabella Casini '17, Elsie Odhiambo '17, Jingyi Sun '17.