With this feature print jobs are only printed when the user confirms his or her identy at the Xerox MFD and selects the document for release. This ensures the user is there to collect the job and others can't acccidentally view or take the document.
It can also be use to print at devices that are not directly installed on your computer.
To use FollowMe Print: (Secure Release Print)
Note: You must first install the FollowMe Queue, see the instructions below.
1. Within the application you are using select File / Print.
2. From the Print dialog box change the destination to FollowMe-MFD, then click print.
3. To release your job go to any Xerox MFD and log in with your OneCard or by entering your Smith ID number or your username and password.
4. Any jobs you have in the queue will appear in the display.
5. You can choose a single job to print or all pending jobs*.
*Your document(s) will stay in the FollowMe-MFD queue for up to 72 hours.
To Install the Follow Me Print Queue
- Windows 10 Users: Click the Search Windows Icon in the taskbar, in the search field type \\pcps1 then tap enter.
- Look for FollowMe-MFD and double click
- Wait for the driver and printer installation to complete - do NOT double click multiple times, WAIT for the installer window to pop up, it may take a few minutes.
- Go to the Applications Folder and look for the Self Service Application
- Open Self Service and click on the Printers - FollowMe Printers from the Categories list on the right.
- Click on FollowMe-MFD and "Install"
- This will install both the MFD and Drivers