All students, faculty and staff who are leading college-sponsored travel are required to fulfill the responsibilities outlined below:
- Ensure approval and funding for your travel program from the appropriate department.
- Ensure that all College travel requirements are met before travel takes place.
- Submit the Planning Checklist and Travel Documentation form, which includes the itinerary, group roster, and emergency management plan, at least one week in advance of the trip.
- Provide pre-departure information about the trip and travel logistics to participants, the sponsoring department and the Lewis Global Studies Center.
- Follow College protocol for student supervision, travel logistics, budgeting and all documentation including expense reports.
- Serve as emergency response and crisis management liaison with Smith College in the event of an emergency.
Email (preferred): email@example.com
Sara Kirk, Administrative Coordinator
Smith College Lewis Global Studies Center,
Northampton, MA 01060
Helpful links for completing the Checklist
- Short-term International Travel Policy
- Hazardous Activities
If any hazardous activities are included in your trip (e.g., scuba diving, climbing active volcanoes) or if the trip itself is inherently dangerous or in a dangerous location, (e.g., within the Arctic Circle, Antarctica, war zone or areas covered by U.S. State Department travel warnings) the trip leader or individual traveler must consult with the Lewis Global Studies Center and/or the Five College Risk Management Office at the earliest planning stages of the trip.
- Travel Approval
- Funding for Students