The Ida B. Wells Prize for Distinguished Work in Africana Studies is awarded annually to a senior for excellence in an essay or other project.
Papers are due by noon on Tuesday, May 2, 2017, by electronic submission to David Osepowicz. Items that cannot be submitted electronically may be submitted in hard copy to the program office, Wright Hall 107.
- No more than one submission per student. Work may be on any aspect of Africana studies and may be of any length; creative pieces or portfolios as well as analytic/scholarly essays are welcome. Submission must include this completed coversheet.
- All papers should be paginated (i.e., each page should be numbered consecutively).
- Only clean, unmarked papers should be turned in (i.e., without teacher’s comments or grades).
- The prize will be awarded to work that is distinguished in achievement of its intellectual goals.
- Your name
- Brief description of the original assignment (that is, the occasion of the paper/work); please include the instructor, the class, academic term and year.