DUO TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
Smith College will be activating Duo Two-factor Authentication (2FA) as a standard login component for all faculty, student, and staff accounts in early 2019. Two-factor authentication is a recognized standard practice, which adds an extra layer of security when accessing web-based services*.
Duo will be activated as a standard login component, as follows:
- Student Accounts - January 31, 2019
- Faculty & Staff Accounts - March 13, 2019
As of those dates you will need to use Duo to access web-based services* that use your Smith login.
Smith students, faculty and staff who have not yet set-up their Duo account are encouraged to follow the steps below as soon as possible to ensure a smooth transition.
* Examples of web-based services that will utilize Duo for access include: Smith Mail, Smith Portal, Moodle, Workday (including Time reporting; March 2019), Zoom, Google Drive, and any other system that requires a Smith login. (Smith computer logins do not require Duo.)
The process is quick and easy, but you will want the following ready before you enroll.
Access to a computer to complete the initial setup.
Have your personal devices with you, including your cell phone/smart phone, tablets (iPad, Android).
- Determine an alternative or back-up authentication method.
- Smart phone or tablet users should install the Duo Mobile App on those devices before enrolling. (It’s the green Duo icon, not the blue Google Duo app!)
- ENROLL NOW
- Register your Devices
How to Get Help
- Attend an overview and enrollment session, click here for the dates.
- Schedule a department overview and enrollment session. Contact the ITSC to setup an appointment.
- Visit the IT Service Center in Stoddard Hall 203 or the Seelye Basement Service Desk for help, click here for the hours.