CLEARING THE CACHE ON YOUR BROWSER
Clearing the cache on your browser removes old versions of pages that may interfere with your ability to access or use certain web-based applications.
Chrome (Windows and Mac)
Mozilla Firefox (Window and Mac)
Internet Explorer (Windows only)
Microsoft Edge (Windows only)
Apple Safari (Mac only)
- Click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome icon (three verticle dots) on the top right of the Chrome window, and choose History from the menu, then History again.
- Click Clear Browsing Data from the left hand side.
- In clear the following items from: select "the beginning of time".
- Only the top 4 items should be checked, browsing history, download history, cached image and files & cookies and other site data.
- Click Clear Data Browsing again.
- Click the Open Menu Icon (three horizontal bars)
- Click History, and Clear recent history.
- In time range to clear, Click Everything.
- Only the top 4 items should be checked, browsing and download history, Form and search history, cookies & cache.
- Click Clear Now.
Click the Gear then Safety menu in the upper right, click Delete Browsing History.
Deselect Preserve Favorites website data.
Select Temporary Internet files and website files, Cookies and website data, and History.
Microsoft Edge (Windows only) (Version 40)
Click the Settings Menu (three horizontal dots) on the top right corner of the window. And the click on Settings.
Look for Clear Browsing Data and click Choose what to clear.
Only the top 3 items should be checked, Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files.
Click on Clear.
Note: You can have the cache cleared every time you close Microsoft Edge by clicking the dot under Always clear this when I close the browser.
- From the Safari menu, select Clear History.
- From the clear dropdown select the time frame.
- Click Clear History.