Graduating students please keep the following in mind.
Your access to Smith accounts and software (including Smith email, Google Drive files and Moodle) will expire on the following dates the year you graduate:
- For January and May graduates, access will expire September 30. (Note that earlier email communication to May graduates mentioning September expiration dates before 9/30 can be ignored. Accounts are scheduled to expire on 9/30/2022.)
- For SSW graduates, access will expire December 30.
Did your miss the workshop, What Happens to Your Smith Account after Graduation? View the recording of the May 2022 Zoom session.
Smith Mail Instructions:
If you don't already have a non-Smith personal Gmail account, now is the time to create one. Plan ahead and do not use your Smith email account as a contact address on applications after graduation. See below for more instructions.
- If you are working on campus after the expiration date, have your supervisor email email@example.com with your dates of employment so that your account can be extended.
- If you are continuing at Smith in a graduate program, your account will automatically be extended and you do not need to contact us.
- If you used your Smith email address to set up any external accounts like Facebook, Apple ID, Twitter, YouTube, Adobe Creative Cloud, Office 365 etc., be sure to change the email address for those accounts before your Smith account expires.
- Let people know that your email address is changing. As soon as you have an alternate email address you want to share with others, create a Vacation Response in your Smith Mail account to alert people about your graduation and new address. After your account expires, vacation responses will no longer be sent. Visit Google Support for instructions on how to set up a vacation responder.
- Consider temporarily forwarding new Smith Mail to an alternate address: Visit Google Support for instructions on how to automatically forward Gmail messages to another account. After your account expires, messages will no longer be forwarded.
What should I do with files and folders I created and shared as part of my job, special project or student organization?
You will want to ensure that someone else can access and manage files you created. Files that remain only in your My Drive after your account expires will no longer be accessible to others with whom you shared them. We recommend that My Drive files you own be moved to Shared drives folders so that the file's history is preserved. Note: Files you created in Shared Drives are already available to members of the Shared Drive. Make sure that someone else has Manager permissions of each Shared Drive so someone else will be able to manage the files after your account expires. For more details, visit Transferring Ownership of Google Drive Files.
How do I transfer my Smith email and Google Drive files to a personal Google account?
You can transfer your Smith email messages, files in My Drive and files that you own in Google Drive to your personal Google account. For instructions on how to transfer Gmail messages and My Drive files, visit transferring your email and Google Drive.
How long will my Moodle account be active?
Your account expires when your Smith account expires. If you wish to save any of your Moodle files that are not already stored on a personal device, use portfolios to export your work. For instructions on using portfolios, visit the Moodle page and refer to the section, Export Moodle Work with Portfolios
How long will my Zoom account be active? How do I download my meeting recordings?
Your Zoom account expires when your Smith account expires. You can sign up for a free basic Zoom account after that time using a personal email address. If you wish to save any of your Zoom cloud recordings (e.g. meeting video or chat files) download these items prior to the expiration date. For instructions on downloading your cloud recording files (e.g. video, audio transcripts, and chat files), visit the Zoom page and refer to the section, Cloud Recordings
How long will my Office 365/One Drive account remain active?
Your account expires when your Smith account expires. To see offers from Microsoft, visit Office 365 Personal. Learn how to switch Office 365 subscriptions from University to Personal. If you are not planning to switch to a different subscription, you should download any files that you might want to access in the future. For instructions, see Download files and folders from OneDrive.
What happens with any remaining money on my One Card?
Upon graduation, any remaining balance will be transferred to the students’ College account for final reconciliation with the College. Balances of less than $5 will be transferred only upon specific request by the student. Alumni OneCard information.
Once I leave Smith how will I get my W-2 statement next year?
W-2s are available in late January for the previous calendar year. For details, visit Accessing Your W-2s.
How can I obtain transcripts?
Visit the Registrar’s Office website. From the options, select Transcripts and Enrollment Verification.
Can I save references stored in a RefWorks or Zotero?
How long can I keep using my Computer Store discount?
Your educational discount on computers and technology expires June 30, so come to the Smith College Computer Store to take advantage of great prices on software, laptops, tablets, accessories, and more while you still can. See the Computer Store web site for more information.