Graduating students please keep the following in mind:
Your Smith Mail and Smith Portal access will expire Sept 30th (May graduates) (January 30th for SSW graduates)
If you don't already have a non-Smith email account (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.), now is the time to create one. Plan ahead, do not use your Smith email account as a contact address on applications after graduation. See below for more instructions.
Your BannerWeb account remains active and your BannerWeb PIN never expires, but once your network account expires, you can no longer access BannerWeb through the Smith Portal. Instead, you will need to log in to BannerWeb directly using your Smith ID number and BannerWeb PIN. Any time after graduation, you can call the IT Service Center at 413-585-4487 to request a PIN reset
Smith Mail Instructions:
- If you are working on campus after the expiration date, have your supervisor email firstname.lastname@example.org with your dates of employment so your account can be extended.
- If you are continuing at Smith in a graduate program, your account will automatically be extended and you do not need to contact us.
- If you used your Smith email address to set up any external accounts like Facebook, Apple ID, Twitter, YouTube, Adobe Creative Cloud, Office 365 etc., be sure to change the email address for those accounts before they expire.
Can I transfer my Smith mail and My Drive to a personal Google account? Click Here
Can I save references stored in a RefWorks database? Click Here
How can I let people know that my email address is changing?
As soon as you have an alternate email address you want to share with others, create a Vacation Response in your Smith Mail account to alert people about your graduation and new address. Here's how:
- In Smith Mail, click on the gear icon and select Settings.
- In the General settings, scroll down to the Vacation Responder area.
- Turn the responder on.
- Fill in the fields as desired. Note that you don't have to choose an end date. A sample message is shown below:
- When you're done, don't forget to click Save Changes.
To forward all new Smith Mail messages to your alternate email address:
- In Smith Mail, click on the gear icon and select Mail Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Open the first drop-down menu in the Forwarding section and select Add new email address.
- Enter the address to which you'd like your messages forwarded.
- For security, Google will send a verification message to that email address.
- Open your forwarding email account, open the confirmation message from the Gmail team, and click the verification link in that email.
- Back in your Smith Mail account, select the Forward a copy of incoming mail to... option and select your forwarding address from the drop-down menu.
- You can choose to keep Smith Mail's copy of the message in your inbox, or send it automatically to All Mail or Trash.
- Click Save Changes.
Can I transfer my Smith mail messages to another personal account, (hotmail, yahoo)?
The following document explains how to transfer saved messages from your Smith Mail account to a personal account like Hotmail, Yahoo etc. using Thunderbird: Click Here
If you have a personal google account Click Here.
Here is how you transfer your Gmail contacts.
Note that this process works on both Mac and Windows computers
How long will my Office 365/One Drive account remain active?
Your account expires when your Smith email account expires. Microsoft has a great deal for Office 365 Personal. Learn how to switch subscriptions from University to Personal. In any case if you do nothing you should download your files if you are not signing up for another copy of Office 365.
Can I continue to access my Digication e-Portfolio?
Yes, if you add a non-Smith email address to your e-Portfolio before you lose access to your network account.. Here's how:
- Click on your name at the top right of your ePortfolio page.
- Scroll down until you see notification email.
- Enter your non-Smith email address and click Save.
To change your e-Portfolio URL to something simpler:
- Go to the Settings page under Portfolio Tools.
- Click the Edit link in the e-Portfolio Web Address area and then type in your desired URL.
- Click Save.
Remember to click "Save" at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
How long can I keep using my Computer Store discount?
Graduating seniors, your educational discount on computers and technology expires June 30th, so come to the Smith College Computer Store to take advantage of great prices on software, laptops, tablets, accessories, and more while you still can.
See the Computer Store web site for more information.
What happens with any remaining money on my One Card?
Upon graduation any remaining balance will be transferred to students’ College account for final reconciliation with the College. Balances of less than $5 will be transferred only upon specific request by the student.