New Student Forms
Forms for Fall 2021
All new entering students—first-years, transfer and visiting students, and Ada Comstock Scholars—are asked to fill out a number of questionnaires, forms and agreements as they begin their Smith career. The forms are designed to help us get to know you better, allow you to access campus resources, help you understand policies and ensure that we have the most up-to-date information about you.
You will access many of the forms and questionnaires in Workday, Smith’s information management system. You will use Workday for various things while at Smith, such as registering for courses, viewing your class schedule, and searching for and applying for campus jobs. To log in to Workday, you need your campus email and password.
Schedule for New Student Forms
To help you keep track of forms and questionnaires, following is a checklist of the tasks you’ll receive in your Workday inbox and their due dates. You’ll receive the forms in three batches. You also do not need to complete them all in one sitting. If you need help with these processes in Workday, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you in the fall!
Due June 15, 2021
- Review My Friends and Family: Provide information for the individual(s) you would like the college to contact in the event of an emergency.
- Smith College OneCard: Submit a digital photograph for your Smith ID card.
- Review My Personal Information: Confirm or update your personal information, including the option to add preferred pronouns to your Workday profile.
- Advising Questionnaire: This information will be used to assign your academic adviser.
- Religious Preference Form: Indicate interest in religious activities.
- Review My Home Contact Information: This includes your home mailing address, phone number and email.
- Review My Personal Photo: Upload a digital photo of yourself to be used in Workday.
Due June 30, 2021
- Consent to Receive Form 1098-T Electronically: The IRS Form 1098-T Tuition Statement is used to assist the taxpayer in determining eligibility for certain education tax credits.
- Optional: Release of Information to Parent(s)/Guardian(s): Please submit this form to the registrar’s office if you wish to authorize release of information to your parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Acceptable Use Policy: This form acknowledges that you understand and will follow Smith’s Acceptable Use Policy for information technology resources and services.
- Review FERPA Information: You will review the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) as amended.
Due August 15, 2021
- Student Handbook: This form acknowledges that you have read and will follow the handbook.
- Non-Discrimination and Anti-Hazing Statute: Read and acknowledge Smith’s Non-Discrimination Policy and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Hazing Statute.
- Honor Code: This form acknowledges that you have read and will follow Smith’s Honor Code.
- Voting Information: As part of the Higher Education Amendment, Smith College must provide you information on voter registration. This task will appear in your inbox once you have submitted the Honor Code task.