- U.S. and international students: Early admission application deadline (non-binding): January 5
Early admission decisions are mailed the end of the first full week in February!
- U.S. students: Regular admission application deadline: February 21
- International students: Regular admission application deadline: February 15
Financial Aid Deadlines
- Five College Circle of Scholars financial aid deadline: November 30
- Early Admission financial aid deadline: January 5
- Final financial aid deadline: March 1
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their admission material is complete.
Be sure to click the "submit" button at the end of each section; it is not possible to save a section and return to it. If you do not receive a confirmation email on submission, it means we have not received your form.
- We require four letters of reference
- It is your responsibility to follow up with reference writers to ensure completion.
- Reference writer PDF (If you are unable to contact your reference writers using our system above, complete the top portion of this form and distribute to your reference writers)
- Reference Reminder/Change Form (optional)
- Required from all institutions from which you have received, or will receive, academic credit and include courses, credits and grades for each course.
- Transferred credit to the degree-granting institution may be listed but must include the courses, credits and grades from the degree granting courses, and the courses, credit amounts and grades from the transfer college or a separate, official transcript from the college from which transfer credits were obtained is required.
- An unofficial/student copy of the transcript may be used as a placeholder until the official copy arrives.
- Transcripts should be mailed to: Smith College School for Social Work, Office of Admission, Lilly Hall, Northampton, MA 01063
- Five College Circle of Scholars Deadline: November 30
- Non-Binding Early Decision Deadline: January 5
- Regular Admission Deadline: March 1
This application does not require the GRE or the MAT. If you have taken these tests and would like to submit them with your application you are welcome to do so but you are not obligated and the vast majority of applicants do not submit these scores. However, on occasion, the school may request one or the other of these standardized tests as needed.
English as a Second Language
An applicant whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT); official scores must be sent to the School by February 1.